tv/sat/12v/240v/ a little advise please (1 Viewer)

Leswil

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
west lothian
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I am a newbie having just bought a 2005 Bessacarr E745.
The old owner did not explain all I need to know and it may be I am not doing things right.
1, Old owner had a sky box installed with a £20 sky card. They generally only stayed only on hook up sites , no wild camping.
I want to fit a Freesat box instead of the sky box, I plugged my 240v tv into what I think is a 240v socked ( it took a standard 240v plug) after I hooked it up to my house electrics.
The tv lit up but then went out. I replaced the fuse (5 amp) but it is now dead, so I have had to hand it in for repair. The question is, what did I do wrong? I need to know to avoid a repair bill every time I try it. There is no real hints in any of the manuals supplied with the vehicle.

Any suggestions anyone? They will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Les:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You don't sound as if you have done anything wrong.
Do other 240v appliances work from the 240V motorhome sockets?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Try a lamp as suggested to you on an earlier thread. much less costly to replace a bulb. If that
does not work check the fuses. If it blows the bulb then see an auto electrician. I am not the electrician in the family but could there be a problem with the hook up lead?
Oh if the lamp does work..... oy, Jim, where is the head scratching emoticon? Jane :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
19" 12 volt TV with built in DVD from ebay £100......12 volt freesat box from Maplins £40.
Job done except for the satellite dish....that's were your problems really start.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Note that a Sky box, even with no viewing card, gets exactly the same channels as a freesat box.

So unless you want to change that for a Freesat HD box, or a Freesat PVR, then why bother changing it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Note that a Sky box, even with no viewing card, gets exactly the same channels as a freesat box.

So unless you want to change that for a Freesat HD box, or a Freesat PVR, then why bother changing it?

my understanding is he wants a 12v sat box? so im asuming the sat box at present is not 12v but an ordinary skybox.

guess we will never know unless he subscribes :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back