ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Looking for a campsite with easy access to the ferry at portsmouth within about 30mins.

Must take dogs and access for a 32ft 5th wheel, may be staying for around five nights so needs to be a reasonable price. :thumb::thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Looking for a campsite with easy access to the ferry at portsmouth within about 30mins.

Must take dogs and access for a 32ft 5th wheel, may be staying for around five nights so needs to be a reasonable price. :thumb::thumb:

I think this one ticks all your boxes and although they say 20 mins away it cant be any more than 12-15 mins.

Don't know the site, never been there or used it but will gladly go and reccy it for you if you wish...........Griff

OP
OP
ehuplad

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
I think this one ticks all your boxes and although they say 20 mins away it cant be any more than 12-15 mins.

Don't know the site, never been there or used it but will gladly go and reccy it for you if you wish...........Griff

Thanks looked at that one but at £27 pn it is far to expensive. :Eeek::Eeek:

The cheapest i have found so far is £17 pn which is still high for low season prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Southsea leisure park around 15 mins away, full of 5th wheelers and Big RV's not cheap but near and big pitches. pete :thumb:

Ps Drove Lee a lot cheaper but if it's wet you WILL get stuck.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Ruffingitsmoothly has a cl somewhere around there. I know he can take big trucks:winky:

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the recomendation but sorry but we are fully booked until 22nd November.

According to AA Route Planner we are 30.7 miles away from the Portsmouth Continental Ferry Port but it is virtually all motorway (M27)

Regards Pat

OP
OP
ehuplad

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Ruffingitsmoothly has a cl somewhere around there. I know he can take big trucks:winky:

Tried Pat first but as he said i left it to late. Looks like i will have to arrive a bit later in the week and pay a bit extra for a couple of nights.

See you in a couple of weeks. :thumb:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Mike and Sally

Don't know if it's what you want, but have a look at Portmouth Truck Stop. We stayed there a couple of years ago, our 2 RV's got in there no problem. It's got a shower block, cafe (good helpings) and it's licensed.

Only a couple of minutes away from the port too.

Link Removed

Hope this helps
Pammy

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Mike and Sally

Don't know if it's what you want, but have a look at [HI]Portmouth Truck Stop[/HI]. We stayed there a couple of years ago, our 2 RV's got in there no problem. It's got a shower block, cafe (good helpings) and it's licensed.

Only a couple of minutes away from the port too.

Link Removed

Hope this helps
Pammy

Good call!....Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread