LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Number one son has just joined the ranks of van owners. Nowt special - 30 year old Bedford CF250 Cavalier Coachman - but it doesn't look bad for its age.

He bought it knowing that it will need some restoration work but at the price he paid I reckon he's got a good deal. I've seen a lot worse for 4 or 5 times the price.

Now all I've got to do is persuade him he needs to join an on-line forum other than the Bedford Owners Club. He reckons he wants a re-upholstery job on the driver and passenger seats for Christmas. Do you think he'll believe me when I tell him that a Fun subscription is what he really wants? ::bigsmile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Number one son has just joined the ranks of van owners. Nowt special - 30 year old Bedford CF250 Cavalier Coachman - but it doesn't look bad for its age.

He bought it knowing that it will need some restoration work but at the price he paid I reckon he's got a good deal. I've seen a lot worse for 4 or 5 times the price.

Now all I've got to do is persuade him he needs to join an on-line forum other than the Bedford Owners Club. He reckons he wants a re-upholstery job on the driver and passenger seats for Christmas. [HI]Do you think he'll believe me when I tell him that a Fun subscription is what he really wants?[/HI] ::bigsmile:

I'm in the same boat with both of my boys, but you should treat him to both, he'll get much better advice on here than from his dad...........did you ever listen to your dad?................:roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Pity they don't do a good job and their customer service is non existent :Angry:

I've been in four vans that they have refurbished this year, and the jobs have been very good indeed Ken.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I notice Jim they never respond to my comments. The work £2500+ they did in my static is frankly crap. Even the seams on the cushions don't run straight. The cushions are already going out of shape even though they have been used less than 3 months. The damage they did to the suite trim remains (slight but nevertheless they assured me it would be fixed. The carpet was coming away from the door divider and fraying so much so I had to buy an oversize one to make good. The swags for the pelmets that were rubbish (their fitters words) and were taken away twice to be done properly still have not been done 18 months+ from them taking them away (again).
They cannot say they can't contact me as they have my phone number and my e mail is on their receipt.
If all else failed they could contact me via PM on here.
So if they are so good why the above?

PS I am not slow in praising good work on the forum i.e. such as done by Geo and Mark of CLS

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not all that shines is gold

I notice Jim they never respond to my comments. The work £2500+ they did in my static is frankly crap. Even the seams on the cushions don't run straight. The cushions are already going out of shape even though they have been used less than 3 months. The damage they did to the suite trim remains (slight but nevertheless they assured me it would be fixed. The carpet was coming away from the door divider and fraying so much so I had to buy an oversize one to make good. The swags for the pelmets that were rubbish (their fitters words) and were taken away twice to be done properly still have not been done 18 months+ from them taking them away (again).
They cannot say they can't contact me as they have my phone number and my e mail is on their receipt.
If all else failed they could contact me via PM on here.
So if they are so good why the above?

PS I am not slow in praising good work on the forum i.e. such as done by Geo and Mark of CLS

Jobs may look good on the first few days, weeks or months, but as time goes on you then may see what you thought as being a great job often turns out to be a pigs ear... Often heard by owners of RV's is that they look good on top, but are poor under the surface. The same can be said sometimes of those that do a refurbishment. Clearly as the above post indicates a less than satisifed customer. I pay my money and want a PCJ (proper chaps job)... and that is in all walks of life. Poor business ethics like failing to contact customers, or return calls is the very start of a business ducking and diving. Clearly Ksebruce has had a bad experiance and he is right to tell us what he experianced. To easy for some posters to say they saw this or that job on a van and sing the praises without living the real life use of same. I hope those that had there done this season are able to honestly report next year that the work stood the test of time. Only time will tell.

It does not always come down to how much you paid, it is the ability of the person or company that do the work.

Hope you get your issues sorted out. But if it is not fit for purpose seek compensation via the small claims court. Only recently a member reported that they had taken a large RV supplier to court re Suspension issues on his RV and won the case under the Sale of Goods Act - you may need to remind the company of your legal rights.

Regards

Bob

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jobs may look good on the first few days, weeks or months, but as time goes on you then may see what you thought as being a great job often turns out to be a pigs ear... Often heard by owners of RV's is that they look good on top, but are poor under the surface. The same can be said sometimes of those that do a refurbishment. Clearly as the above post indicates a less than satisifed customer. I pay my money and want a PCJ (proper chaps job)... and that is in all walks of life. Poor business ethics like failing to contact customers, or return calls is the very start of a business ducking and diving. Clearly Ksebruce has had a bad experiance and he is right to tell us what he experianced. To easy for some posters to say they saw this or that job on a van and sing the praises without living the real life use of same. I hope those that had there done this season are able to honestly report next year that the work stood the test of time. Only time will tell.

It does not always come down to how much you paid, it is the ability of the person or company that do the work.

Hope you get your issues sorted out. But if it is not fit for purpose seek compensation via the small claims court. Only recently a member reported that they had taken a large RV supplier to court re Suspension issues on his RV and won the case under the Sale of Goods Act - you may need to remind the company of your legal rights.

Regards

Bob

My job a complete refurb was completed over 6 months ago, we have almost full timed in the van since then and its still looking good as new.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That's what you need Jim a balance view

My job a complete refurb was completed over 6 months ago, we have almost full timed in the van since then and its still looking good as new.

There has to be good reports, just a shame some bad reports as well. But as I have not had anything done on my RV I can only go by what you read on here and RVOC or is mentioned when we meet up. While there is a balance to be struck with what you can say it is good to have the positive reports as well as when things go wrong. But living the issue is proberbly the best way of knowing rather than seeing the 'new look' we see when someone has it done and then arrives at a show, all proud of the finish...

I love Which reports on cars when they are a few years old and you see what issues owners have had with a brand and model .. shame it is always hind sight. .. would be good if we had the same for RV's not just the main european brands.

Bob:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
All firms I am sure have things go wrong, what happens after to put it right is the difference between a good firm with a reputation for quality and one you would not use or recommend.A good firm will go out of their way to make sure they have done all they can to make you happy and be proud of the work done.You should not have to ask more than once if you find a problem,I think a lot of firms are so busy taking on work to survive the odd customer that has a problem is often forgotten after they have paid,this is getting all to often the case with firms trying to do work to a budget.The answer is complain complain complain you have rights do not let them get away with a shoddy job.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
motorhomes

Now all I've got to do is persuade him he needs to join an on-line forum other than the Bedford Owners Club. He reckons he wants a re-upholstery job on the driver and passenger seats for Christmas. Do you think he'll believe me when I tell him that a Fun subscription is what he really wants? ::bigsmile:

yes our son got a motorhome over a year ago but doesnt use it enough so they are selling it its 1994 clean as anything and went straight through M O T in august he has it advertised for 10 k but open to sensible offers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back