Free Member
Sep 15, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
I'm probably the last person on the planet to have found out that Discover Leisure has gone into administration.

My MH is insured through them and I take it that they were merely the brokers and that I am still insured through the underwriters? Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong and should be looking to reinsure.

Regards
Roger

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm probably the last person on the planet to have found out that Discover Leisure has gone into administration.
My MH is insured through them and I take it that they were merely the brokers and that I am still insured through the underwriters? Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong and should be looking to reinsure.
Regards
Roger

Check with underwriters, you should be insured but any Discover own base warranties are null and void on used vans, the AA ones are Ok

Peter

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You should be OK

You should be OK, as they only act as brokers. But you will need to contact the underwriters to have them confirmed that they did get your premimum from the broker.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
True you can check the MID but that relies on it being updated correctly by the insurer (they are sposed to have a max of 5 days from being notified of a change to do this) and it all depends, doesn't it, when Discover went to the wall, how long it takes insurers to sort it etc. Then in some cases, the client themselves needs to do the MID changes themselves - such as a multi-vehicle fleet where the changes are only notified to insuers every so often, sometimes annually - and for all we know, this may apply to schemes too ..... where the broker might have to do it......

However - it certainly used* to be the case that cover could not be withdrawn immediately in any case and insurers must write directly to policholders at their last known address pdq setting out the exact situation in respect of their particular policy.

* have not been involved in insurance for the last 3-4 years so don't know if anything has changed.

Ring the actual insurers, it's the only way to find out exactly in your own particular case.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Depends on the terms of their agency with the insurers. Likelihood is that they are on 'risk transfer' which means that once they have accepted the premium on behalf of the insurers you are covered, the premium risk becomes one for the insurers to deal with as creditors.

Best thing is to ring the insurer on Monday to confirm the exact position.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back