dealers nr birmingham to visit (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We live on the south east coast (suffolk) and there are not many motorhome dealers near us. We are going to have to travel quite far to look at a variety of vans and am trying to visit an area where there are a few dealers within reach of each other. Have seen a van we fancy nr Birmingham so does anyone know of large dealers in that area who may have an assortment of vans we can view to make the journey worthwhile?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i am new to this and still haven't purchased a motorhome but after ready a blog online about brownhills thats 1 place i wont be purchasing from

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
As Jenny says - Hayes Leisure - a good stock on 2nd Hand and New and - in my opinion - an excellent dealer to do business with.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
i am new to this and still haven't purchased a motorhome but after ready a blog online about brownhills thats 1 place i wont be purchasing from

I also held that view until reading this:

Broken Link Removed

So I think I'd not discount them altogether, I'd be prepared to consider them if somewhat warily.
Wyn

LickeyEndBlues

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
Bromsgrove
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 582
Exp
2years but caravanned for years
You could look here also. I havent been there but a guy local to the area said they were pretty good. On the edge of the east Midlands but with other dealers mentioned in here you could do a bit of a round trip without too much extra milage.

http://www.omcmotorhomes.co.uk/

As far as Brownhills goes, this might be worth a read....
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
maybe you are most forgiving than i am ,but i wont like to try and be another buyer they abuse and don't bother with once they have your cash

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
maybe you are most forgiving than i am ,but i wont like to try and be another buyer they abuse and don't bother with once they have your cash

Cant say i agree with you.I bought mine from Brownhills noth east.So far they have been very good.:thumb:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Van dealers

Have you tried Greentrees in Dereham ?we bought our 120 low profile from them last Nov and they are going to renew the cracked shower tray next week FOC. Also try Simpsons at Lowestoft, loads to look at. (or buy ours) he he, Mitch and Jenny.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
dealers

there is salop leisure in shrewsbury
moran motorhomes in ludlow
travel world in telford
hope this helps:thumb:
regards brian jo and josh

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I think if I wanted to look at a range of vehicles, have lunch and go back to a few, then Brownhills at Newark would be on the list. They normally have plenty of vans on site, far more than most.

If you buy a van a long way from home, you have to take that into account when you think about taking it back for any warranty work. All of the vans I've owned have had to go back for something!

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
try spinney at congleton near crewe, see advert on here somewhere

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Do you know, I have lived round here all my life - born in West Brom - and that's the first time I ever heard that Congleton was close by.

Amazin .......

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
the fact im in essex these places mean nothin to me unless i check google earth l::bigsmile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
to be perfectly honest i have heard several people saying they wont buy from whoever because of what ever reason.
i can only go by how i was treated when i bought mine and it seems that the majority of the larger dealerships don't really want to know you once you have handed over that big cheque and driven off in your new motorhome.

all it would have taken is 5 minutes of their time and i may have been persuaded that they care.

in my opinion the phone call that you really should get should be the next day at the latest asking did you get home ok.
or maybe the letter 10 months after you bought it with dear mr/mrs... your motorhome will be due its service on bla bla date here is our price list and some discount vouchers for our accessories shop.

i didn't get either of the above but it would certainly have changed my opinion of the dealers.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for all the replies, some good recommendations there. We are in Essex and want to have a look round a variety of vans as we have no definite model in mind this is why we need to go to an area where there are several dealers who may have a variety of vans between them. Am going to make the trip up to the midlands in a couple of weeks and spend several days looking!

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I've just realised that no-one has mentioned the MHF dealer review map found on the left hand side of the home page under Reviews > Dealer reviews
It takes you to a UK map of dealers.
Direct link here Link Removed

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thanks for that link nearest i have found to where i am so far
and would anyone know is it wise to buy a mh from ebay ?????

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I've just realised that no-one has mentioned the MHF dealer review map found on the left hand side of the home page under Reviews > Dealer reviews
It takes you to a UK map of dealers.
Direct link here Link Removed

Thanks for that - just what I was looking for. Thanks Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back