Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
N/Ireland
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Hi All: Can anyone on here give me some info on Elddis MH's please

i.e. do you own or ever had one---are they a good make ?

any advise would be appreciated

Cheers
Belboy

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We had a 2006 Autocirrus.
It was well screwed together although we had water ingress problems which took the Dealer and Elddis nearly a year to sort out, badly!
I finished the job properly myself!:Angry:

Despite that, we had few problems, but don't buy if you are into camping off-grid or in more extreme winter conditions. The Elddis range generally has titchy underslung water tanks.
Elddis is a brand we feel more is best suited to being used like a caravan, pitched on a site with good facilities.
I do admit though, that most owners I speak to are very happy with theirs and they are a lot of MH for the money.

I'm digging my trench now, in anticipation of a bombardment from happy Elddis owners!!!!::bigsmile:

craig.drake

Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
we love our eldiss 150 its our first van we know whats good about it (cheap) and whats not so good ,storage,small tanks, no winterisation if thats a word,but we love it very simple not lots to go wrong

although the tracker fb at the nec last week had me in turmoil what a piece of kit :Cool::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reaynger

Free Member
Aug 1, 2011
Caithness
Funster No
MH
Peugeot coachbuilt.
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a 2011 Autoquest 145. There are some niggling things with it, the sink above the toilet is very cheaply designed, my 4 yr old daughter just pulled on it and it came away from the hinges, that was bad enough but the drain pipe came away from the plug hole and I am still flumoxxed on how to re-attach it as the sink is all sealed and I can't find any way into it and my fingers aren't long enough.

Overall though, for the entry price of £33,500 for a 4 berth then it is good value.

Oh, I did have a very embarrassing moment when I had to get towed out of a soft standing pitch by a kind caravan driver in his 4x4, off road ability is very poor :)

OP
OP
B

belboy

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
N/Ireland
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
we love our eldiss 150 its our first van we know whats good about it (cheap) and whats not so good ,storage,small tanks, no winterisation if thats a word,but we love it very simple not lots to go wrong

although the tracker fb at the nec last week had me in turmoil what a piece of kit :Cool::Cool:

Hi Craig: can you give me some more details about the winterisation issue please----I'm thinking about buying the 2012 autoquest 165 MH which we hope to use summer & winter

cheers-----belboy

by the way---tracker fb ???????

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
we have a 2006 autoquest 130 and must say we are very happy with it, as said it is slightly cheaper build and has smaller tanks but not a problem for us. We use ours all year round and no problem having small tanks, we also use ours for wildcamping lasting 10 days in Scotland without hook up and no problems. Yes some things id like to be better but would i want to pay twice the price for them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have an Eldiss 200 which I love. When I first bought it needed to do some small fixing inside (tightening screws) etc. The main job I needed to do was to lengthen the ladders so that when I climbed to bed the ladders were at an angle and not 90 deg. upwards, making it impossible to get down out of bed.

I love it even though it isn't one of the more expensive mh's. I have friends with Eldiss' who full time in them and they too are happy.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back