winter is officially here (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
First Pot mess cobbled together and cooked...at least i think that's what I've done to it:yeah:
If you not tried one...gawd your missing a treat

at least 4 months of winter grub to look forward to...stews, casseroles, roasts........:wooo:

Lamb hot pot is my all time winter favorite...whats yours....

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
winter stew casseroles etc

Hi - I love the winter stew world:thumb::thumb: - can keep it going for couple days by adding to it - tastes so much better the next day. lol. Got beef one going tonight and tomorrow - but love chicken lamb and pork ones xx::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
A good beef stew in a slow cooker run from inverter while travelling. Good and ready when you stop !!!

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
A good beef stew in a slow cooker run from inverter while travelling. Good and ready when you stop !!!

i like that idea!...what size inverter and slow cooker do you use? and how long does it take...

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
i like that idea!...what size inverter and slow cooker do you use? and how long does it take...

150watt inverter morphy richards ( quite old ) sat in the sink (to catch any spills) sometimes start cooking before we leave and just let it carry on as we go. Good smells all around the van

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
150watt inverter morphy richards ( quite old ) sat in the sink (to catch any spills) sometimes start cooking before we leave and just let it carry on as we go. Good smells all around the van

sounds great:thumb:

Although, Im a nightmare in the house when stuff like this is cooking...first whiff and im starving:RollEyes:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I like whatever I`m given:hardhat::hardhat::hardhat::getmecoat:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I like a good beef stew and you're right about better the second day, but my favorite is beef Stroganoff.

Mind you my wife is a bit special in the kitchen. ( I wish I hadn't said that now it is bound to be misconstrued.)

What is a cinderella, Yosser?

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
I like a good beef stew and you're right about better the second day, but my favorite is beef Stroganoff.

Mind you my wife is a bit special in the kitchen. ( I wish I hadn't said that now it is bound to be misconstrued.)

What is a cinderella, Yosser?
Cinderella Stella

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
What we are having today

Piece of gammon boiled for an hour and a half, then roasted off in the oven. Broth made from the stock to start, then Gammon, baked potato smothered in butter with a winter salad. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back