Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
good afternoon everybody from Rivington services n,bound m61,bright and a bit windy on my way back to docks at heysham.In two weeks we are going up to Tan Hill,britains highest pub in the north yorkshire moors.before the weather turns bad.So if anybody wishes to meet up with a fellow funster they are more than welcome.we are trying to get as much use out of our motorhome this year.I will be going up on friday 4th ,november and coming back home on sunday 6th,november.all the best to everybody and safe driving:thumb:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Oh what a shame.

A lot of funsters are at whitby meet that weekend... will keep my eyes peeled for another date.

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I went walking there when I was 17, that bloody pub was shut, we were gutted:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
good afternoon everybody from Rivington services n,bound m61,bright and a bit windy on my way back to docks at heysham.In two weeks we are going up to Tan Hill,britains highest pub in the north yorkshire moors.before the weather turns bad.So if anybody wishes to meet up with a fellow funster they are more than welcome.we are trying to get as much use out of our motorhome this year.I will be going up on friday 4th ,november and coming back home on sunday 6th,november.all the best to everybody and safe driving:thumb:

Would luv to come but were at Whitby:Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Would that have been an interesting little stroll from Catterick to Warcop, Jim?
Yes mate, some geezer keeping a fair pace and shouting at us throughout::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
keep an eye on the weather up tan hill, even in november.....time it wrong and you may not see christmas at home this year

i've looked in their old photo albums at the pub and in the winter of '37 they were snowed in for weeks on end with snow up to the bedroom windows.

its happened a few times since as well :Eeek:

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Tan hill cancelled

my weekend up at britains highest pub,will have to go on the back burner for the moment,my mate as pulled out.we will save a bit of money.all the best to everyone.:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
As an exiled Yorkshireman living in Notts and not wishing to be pedantic. I would like to point out that the Tan Hill Inn is situated in the Yorkshire Dales. At the head of Swaledale and Arkengarthdale, to be precise.

The North Yorkshire Moors is another National Park and is almost 90 miles away by road i.e. Tan Hill to Pickering.:thumb:

We too will be at the Whitby meet on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors !

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
tan hill

where were you planning on staying at tan hill
were you staying in the car park there?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
This is true Canopus:thumb:.

We love it up at Tan Hill. The 3 times we have been in the last 12 months have been great. The kids have seen the pubs pet lambs grow into sheep , and they still like to come up to you to have their heads scratched .
In fact the weather has been totally out of the ordinary for up there , so we are told this year. Very mild . We were even sat out with sun lotion on the beginning of June. The Christmas before last people got snowed in till after the new year.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
just googled it has a campsite there
You can stay in the car park at the side , or the quarry up the hill . The Field is very rough , more suited to tents. You wouldn't get a MH on it. They ask for a couple of pound each person camping , which they put in a charity bottle on the bar.
No hook up though. Just a grotty loo to empty elsan and a tap for water.

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Stayed there in April on the way up North.Thought we had parked up at Royston Vasey:Eeek: .Don,t know where all the pub customers came from but it was quite full and the food was good value.
Sid

fusbill

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Jim and Johnp10 - When I saw the post I thought exactly the same. I experienced the 'walk' between '69 - '71. If we're talking about the same one there was another 'break' in REETH which, if I remember rightly, was usually open. Vividley remember having to get the limbs moving again after a 'few' on the village green.

Happy Days, I think.

fusbill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back