Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sat down yesterday to start planning trips for next year. So I googled 'best weather in Britain' and up popped Bognor Regis ! Whats it like? , never been there, any good sites around that area?
Any suggestions for your best weather area in the UK.:Cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The best bit about Bognor is the road out to Chichester::bigsmile:

TBH not been for ages, pebble beach I think, and looking a little tired. Lots to see and do in the local area, and Chichester is lovely:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The best bit about Bognor is the road out to Chichester::bigsmile:

TBH not been for ages, pebble beach I think, and looking a little tired. Lots to see and do in the local area, and Chichester is lovely:thumb:

For many years the Purbeck hills, Swanage, Studland, Shell Bay, Chapmans Pool, Lulworth, Durdle door etc have held the best weather record in the UK.

Bognor that is to say Royal Bognor Regis is just 10 minutes from where I work, it has a Butlins holiday camp, need I say more.

Chichester and that lump of land to the South is beautiful, lots of walks and coastline.
West Wittering is a favourite with Dog Walkers and bird-watchers, plenty of sites to stay on and a few funsters well worth a visit. God's own country this South Coast

...........Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I agree with Jim on this one. There is a Caravan Club site at Bognor but it is quite a way from the pebble beach. You could always book into the very large Butlins Holiday Camp situated there.

Brisey

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
As a follow on from my previous post, if you stand on the "pebble" beach at Bognor and look out to sea, you will see the Isle of Wight. The I.o.W is a completely different proposition to that of Bognor. There is plenty to see and do over there, the island is well worth a visit. Red Funnel do some really good deals including ferry and campsite costs.

Link Removed

Brisey.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
As a follow on from my previous post, if you stand on the "pebble" beach at Bognor and look out to sea, you will see the Isle of Wight. The I.o.W is a completely different proposition to that of Bognor. There is plenty to see and do over there, the island is well worth a visit. Red Funnel do some really good deals including ferry and campsite costs.

Link Removed

Brisey.

Totally agree Jan & I recently spent 6 days in the IOW courtesy of Red Funnel all inclusive ferries & campsites approx £100.00 had a great time wish we could have stayed longer.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
used to get taken to Bognor as a small kid about 4-10 yrs old.
Pebble beach and lovely memories but no idea what it's like now, Butlins!!!! wow, I cleaned the tiles in the swimming pool of that place when it re opened in about 85? one of my first jobs, ah memories....

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Memories indeed! We used to have a static at Lidsey Farm on the A29 just outside Bognor and loved it. In my mind, it was always sunny there and, sure, the beach is pebble, but once the tide goes out you have sand for miles. Also, it's not too far to drive up into the Downs or across to Arundel. Of course, we wouldn't stay there now but it was great then when the kids were young.

A couple of years ago, we stayed at a site called Wicks Farm down near West Wittering. Its lovely down there. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
used to get taken to Bognor as a small kid about 4-10 yrs old.
Pebble beach and lovely memories but no idea what it's like now, Butlins!!!! wow, [HI]I cleaned the tiles in the swimming pool[/HI] of that place when it re opened in about 85? one of my first jobs, ah memories....

You missed some!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I would suggest the Isle of Wight for your holiday good weather great beaches lovely countryside all within 23 miles across one way 12 miles from top to bottom. Some good campsites depending on what your preferences are. If you need any help just ask ( main c/sites do ferry inclusive deals ) or there's several good 5 van sites and plenty of wilding spots. Terry:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Don't forget the West Country, the weather here is so good we grow palm trees and have done so for years. Lots of everything for everyone all within a few hours drive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back