Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just started (2 months)
I have a 2005 Burstner delphin which has developed a problem with the e control system. It started by showing me that my fresh water was full but was i9n fact empty, now the whole screen is scrambled and nothing works in the habitation unit, any thoughts please. I am new to this game and not machanically minded.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I have a 2005 Burstner delphin which has developed a problem with the e control system. It started by showing me that my fresh water was full but was i9n fact empty, now the whole screen is scrambled and nothing works in the habitation unit, any thoughts please. I am new to this game and not machanically minded.

sounds very techy this one may be you should take it to the dealer if the screen is scrambled then it may need a full new unit fitting a costly job as dealers do know how to charge for anything in the camping world we are all multi millionaires with bags of money to give away to them

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you disconnect the unit from the power, it may reset itself, could be a software hiccup.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

Kingmal

Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just started (2 months)
As I said I am not machanically minded, do i pull a plug out of the black box with all the electrical wires in. Sorry for not understanding what you mean.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As I said I am not machanically minded, do i pull a plug out of the black box with all the electrical wires in. Sorry for not understanding what you mean.

Yes if you can find something like that, leave the plug out for five minutes and then reconnect, hopefully it might sort it, if not back to dealer.

Peter

OP
OP
K

Kingmal

Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just started (2 months)
Thanks for that. Will try it in the morning. Hopefully I wont pull the wrong plug out. Cheers

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
ah the old e-box problem... what you need to do remove the cronosnov from the inner open chassis diddler then stand on one leg (the left in your case mal) put one hand on your good hip and wave the other shouting "hello sailor", with any luck a kind hearted matlow will be passing by and rush to your assistance failing that... we could creep into next doors garden in the dead of night and "borrow" his e-controller thingy, failing that we could hunt round the shows till we find a van like yours and simply swap the number plates !!! failing that we cou........

NURSE HE'S OUT OF BED AGAIN

ps thanks for a great night, and don't worry we'll get the bugger sorted one way or another, if the unplugging thing works give me a call please

Last edited:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
It just occured to me that you might have bother reaching the box to unplug it.... if it's in an awkward spot, if it is give me a call and I'll pop round, if it's awkward for me too we can get spud to do it (she being the only fit and able one left)... she'll be ok if we stand over her giving orders, not sure if yours is anything like mine but there is a on/off switch on mine (just had a look) so turn it off first if there is. also don't forget to take it off hook up first

OP
OP
K

Kingmal

Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just started (2 months)
Did what you said and it worked but need another new hip. THANKS.

OP
OP
K

Kingmal

Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just started (2 months)
Going to have a look now but the box is in one of the beenies and is difficult to get to. Arnt I better off just waithing for Tyne Valley?

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
yeah probably.... would be nice to get it sorted asap though

OP
OP
K

Kingmal

Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just started (2 months)
Thanks Tony. Will no doubt catch up when Tash comes home at the weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back