stagger01

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi , can anyone sugest a site to get away from all the fireworks over the coming weekend ? and of course dog friendly, thanks

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Don't know about escaping fireworks in UK, but if your dog is nervous of them you can give him/her Bach's Rescue Remedy. Few drops in their mouths really calms them. My daughter used it with her dog for most of her (the dog's) 14 years.

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi , can anyone sugest a site to get away from all the fireworks over the coming weekend ? and of course dog friendly, thanks

Probably a bit far for you, but we are off to a C&CC meet at Parley Glade, Ferndown.....it is a pet friendly bonfore meet....hopefully that does mean firework free or we could have a noisy van, and not from me and Ter! :ROFLMAO:

It is with the New Forest DA and cost is £7.50 if that is any help??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Our Ezzie is not keen on fireworks

Our Ezzie is not keen on fireworks... we had two other St Bernards which were terrified and Yana the girl chewd through a gas pipe in anguish .. we had to drive in to the Ashdown Forest on nights around bonefire night and new year.. she could see the lights in the distance, but no noise and that made things better for her.. Not so for me sitting up there hours on end with a flask.

Last weekend we got fireworks a few doors away.. did they bother to knock and say we are letting some off? no way.. Ezzie was a bit concerned but a bit of fuss and a chew and she was OK.

Why cannot people consider dogs? it is all about there own fun and sod the rest of society .. just makes me mad.

Bob

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Last weekend we got fireworks a few doors away.. did they bother to knock and say we are letting some off? no way.. Ezzie was a bit concerned but a bit of fuss and a chew and she was OK.

Bob

Who did she chew, the bloke letting off the rockets? :Smile:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
some stupid people set off fireworks at the RVOC Oswestrey meet
at bout 12 oclock at night
many of us where upsett by it
shame that some just do what they want without any regards for the feelings of others
we will not go to any more meets with the RVOC
it is made up with to many in their own groups doing their own thing its not nice to be on the outside made to feel like your second rate :Angry:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I did see your post when your first submitted it and was tempted to give you a sensible answer. I then thought that you may bring your dog to my favorite peaceful place in the middle of the country and I would have to put up with a yapping, yipping or barking animal for the entire time.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just kidding. There are two CL's one in Louth "Happyford" and one on the way to Market Raisen which are far away from any of that type of noise.
You may hear distant thumps but you won't hear overhead bangs....

You didn't give any clue to your location so travelling distance is obviously not an issue :Doh: You did mention Yorkshire in the sidebar but most of us can't be arsed to look to the left to glean extra details.

Let us know what your traveling range is and we should be able to give you more details. Have you tried phoning some of your local CS and CL's by any chance?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Yes France .....I think it may be toooo far for you to park next to us down here at the South of France in the Camargue..region:thumb::Doh::winky::winky:no Fireworks and warm::bigsmile:

Mel

OP
OP
S

stagger01

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi, sorry for the delay in acknowledging your replies but for some reason I could not find any replies yesterday or up to 5 o'clock this afternoon, I was looking in new posts, thanks to all for the suggestions, I am sure we will be able sort something from the options.
Thanks again.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi, sorry for the delay in acknowledging your replies but for some reason I could not find any replies yesterday or up to 5 o'clock this afternoon, I was looking in new posts, thanks to all for the suggestions, I am sure we will be able sort something from the options.
Thanks again.

I am sat on four of your pads at the moment....when we pulled onto the pitch it did look very soft and loose ground... dirt...sludge... so I backed up in onto 5 pads from your pads at all four wheels...removed the ones I was not on and packed away till departure.....well I am glad I did as rained all through the night ??? and looks a lot worse now ...sun has just come out..
Mel:thumb:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Hmm not sure about campsites, would have recommended where I am in Leicestershire but a big bonfire has appeared in the field so I'm guessing we'll get flippin fireworks.
I can highly recommend the DAP plug-ins though. I had a dog who went ballistic when the idiots were letting off fireworks and this contraption totally chilled her out

Not cheap but it was worth it. You can also get it in a spray form but I found the plug in worked better

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back