Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
hello again,been talking to fellow motorhomers about getting a built in gas tank fitted,instead of going down the gaslow idea,is it a good idea,because of the relevent age of my motorhome.quite a few people said it is handy when out in europe,you can keep the tank topped up,and u dont ave to look round for bottles,so i thought i would ask you fellow motorhomers for some feed back.look forward to reading some threads.Safe Driving all.:thumb:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
hello again,been talking to fellow motorhomers about getting a built in gas tank fitted,instead of going down the gaslow idea,is it a good idea,because of the relevent age of my motorhome.quite a few people said it is handy when out in europe,you can keep the tank topped up,and u dont ave to look round for bottles,so i thought i would ask you fellow motorhomers for some feed back.look forward to reading some threads.Safe Driving all.:thumb:
Some petrol stations in France are not keen on you filling up gas tanks for domestic use. My mh runs on lpg and I had quite job convincing a young Franchie I wasn't using it to cook with.
Another question do you need that much gas - 2 bottles was more than enough for us when we were in France for 2 weeks this year; in fact we never used the second bottle.

Norman

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
gas tank reply

good evening norman,i see what u are saying.ive just been talking to my mate,who goes down to spain a lot,he says near what you are saying,he takes two bottles.thanks again for your input.av a good week:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

There are a few of us have fitted underslung gas tanks. I have and I also know that TheOnlySue had a system fitted, but she may have changed her MH since. We both used Conrad Anderson (link below) but there are other firms that do the work.

Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

http://www.davenewell.co.uk/ (though I'm not sure he fits underslung tanks)

John

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
gas tank reply

evening john,i will have a look at them sights later on,thanks for your input:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Bandit,

We have an under slung tank on our MH. It was there when we bought it thankfully, as it has been a godsend.

We've never had a problem filling up, either here in the UK or on the Continent. If you have the available space underneath the MH, I'd go for it. This will also free up the gas cylinder locker.

Your decision could depend upon how long you intend to keep your MH, as the system may not be transferable should you change vehicle.

Cheers,

Jock.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We usually fill the 11k bottle ( Not Gaslow but Alugas system ) and take a spare 6k bottle with us.. we would expect the 11k bottle to last 5 to 8 weeks alone, but carry the little one cos SWMBO says we must ( paranoia rules ok !! LOL !!! )

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I am looking to get a tank fitted. In the summer a 13kg bottle will last a month or more easily. In the winter it is a rather different matter, and if you're out of the UK and cannot replace your bottle then you could be stuck.
The refillable gas bottles (Gaslow, Alugas) are just as good but I would like to free up my gas locker, principally for a spare toilet cassette, though no doubt other potentially smelly things may end up in there too.
The underslung tanks are not necessarily bigger as a popular size is 60L, which at 80% fill holds 48L or 24kg approx, i.e. less than 2x13kg Calor.
If you're concerned about weight, the Alugas bottles are very light.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thinking about it.. I think ours is the 13k bottle :Doh:
Only filled it about 3 times since I fitted the thing !

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
We have an RV with built in tank best thing ever easy to fill and cheaper than calorgas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back