Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
was on site yesterday plugged into ehu turned on heater it lit up the light on the control panel then went out and didnt work thought it had gone wrong so turned it off so turned aircon heater on it went bang with a flash and tripped site breaker as this was first trip out in our van i was a little concerned but had been on test at home for 2 weeks so i plugged it into another site socket and everything was fine i got the site to check there socket and it showed it was ok with there tester any electricians out there can shed any light on this problem :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I saw it in Mansfield:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• nuclear_bomb_explosion-wide.jpg
    nuclear_bomb_explosion-wide.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 11

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sounds like water ingress to the aircon caused a short which was dried out by the first connect/flash. I would be checking for leaks. I would also check your fuse ratings if they did not blow then could be rated too high.
It could also be a case of overloading the site electrics with inrush current. Caps etc would then be charged and a second connect would draw less current. either way it needs investigation. Fires and motorhomes don't go together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back