Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Buying at the weekend!
Exp
Newbie here
Having just registered, thought I'd better say "hi".

Having hired campers in NZ and Canada we are now buying a VW T4 Autohome Komet (1995) for the 3 of us (oh and the dog) to travel around in.
I know it'll be tight but having lived in something similar for 6 weeks in NZ and we're all still alive,:ROFLMAO: we feel it's the right camper for us.
Just had an quote from Safeguard for just under £400 including full UK and European breakdown and includes 3 drivers (one over 70)

I'm hoping you will all make comments on whether this is a good deal and I look forward to being a member of this fabulous place

Any tips greatly received :thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Bought a 2003/03 very similar for my eldest son just two months ago, he loves it. I had one 1993 up till a couple of years ago, great fun just like this site, WELCOME.

Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, not easy to comment on the insurance quote without knowing the ages concerned assuming all over 21 and more than 12 months driving experience it seems expencive. I'll leave it to others to coment. Do shop around though widely varying quotes about.

OP
OP
C

cheekymole

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Buying at the weekend!
Exp
Newbie here
Hi and welcome to the fun, not easy to comment on the insurance quote without knowing the ages concerned assuming all over 21 and more than 12 months driving experience it seems expencive. I'll leave it to others to coment. Do shop around though widely varying quotes about.

One age 41, one age 42 and my Dad, 71. 42 year old only has 3 years driving experience but me and Dad have over 70 years between us :Eeek:

I was quoted 341 with very basic breakdown so thought this one wasn't too bad.
Is it worth removing the £25 legal cover do you think?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welcomefunster:Welcome to Motorhome Fun a great site for getting any questions you have answered, I would think given your ages the cover you have quoted is OK, if you are traveling abroad I would stick with the legal cover, give Comfort insurance and maybe a couple of the club insurances CC & CCC and see what they come up with. Enjoy your travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

cheekymole

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Buying at the weekend!
Exp
Newbie here
:welcomefunster:Welcome to Motorhome Fun a great site for getting any questions you have answered, I would think given your ages the cover you have quoted is OK, if you are traveling abroad I would stick with the legal cover, give Comfort insurance and maybe a couple of the club insurances CC & CCC and see what they come up with. Enjoy your travels.

Top tip - they're coming out £50 cheaper :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back