URGENT! suggestions for wildcamping, attractions and beautiful places.Around Scotland (1 Viewer)

Aussies

Free Member
Oct 20, 2011
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
hiring
Exp
im a newbie
Hi,

Me and my partner are hiring a motor home and traveling around Scotland for one week.. We are new to the UK, let alone Scotland, and are desperately seeking any hints/suggestions on where we can visit, what we can see, do and where we can park overnight?!?! Hoping to drive from the East coast up North, and back down along the Western side.

ALso if we park in the wrong place, is there patrolling police/officers?!

Thanks!!!:thumb:

Amanda & Kyle

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and welcome....

Scotland is very relaxed about wildcamping except some areas....certain parts of loch lomand for instance where local youths (allegedly) leave the camp area's in a real mess with litter, old tents and beer bottles etc. so the authorities have put their foot down on everyone..

once you get away from the beaten track (main tourist areas) it shouldn't be a problem.

i appreciate time may be at a premium but if, depending where you are in England, that includes time getting to Scotland then one week isn't really long enough for a decent tour of Scotland

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Amanda and Kyle welcome to fun, you will love Scotland and the people but as John says a week is stretching it unless you want to do loads of driving each day.

We are just back from a few days in Fife and had a great time if your heading in that area i can give you directions to some nice wild camping spots, and if your coming back down Loch Lomond the police arent to bothered about motorhomers its more the folk coming for the night in cheap tent and loads of booze again i can give you advise on this area if needed.

What i would say to you is not to forget Dumfries and galloway its a lovely area loads of wild camping and easy to do in a week. Nothing to do with the fact i live here :ROFLMAO:

Let me know if you are going to these areas and i will send you some details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Amanda and Kyle welcome to fun, you will love Scotland and the people but as John says a week is stretching it unless you want to do loads of driving each day.

We are just back from a few days in Fife and had a great time if your heading in that area i can give you directions to some nice wild camping spots, and if your coming back down Loch Lomond the police arent to bothered about motorhomers its more the folk coming for the night in cheap tent and loads of booze again i can give you advise on this area if needed.

What i would say to you is not to forget Dumfries and galloway its a lovely area loads of wild camping and easy to do in a week. Nothing to do with the fact i live here :ROFLMAO:

Let me know if you are going to these areas and i will send you some details.

Gerry is a great bloke he will let you wild camp on his lawn :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Applecross & Dunfries and Galloway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back