Pembroke / Gower Next Year (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi,::bigsmile: This is a bit premature I know but I like doing a bit of forward planning / thinking as to where we are off to next year , right I see from the members map we dont have any members in pembrokeshire or not on the map, but there's a good number of members in west wales so is there any 5 van sites or reasonable c/sites Gower to St Davids to Cardigan also I could do with some (polite) suggestions as to what to see and where to go in our camper 7 foot 6inches wide so not too narrow . We (that me & HER who must be obeyed) enjoy short walks (as weve got manic cocker spaniel) great coastal scenery ,Lakes ,Rivers etc and Beaches which allow dogs june/july. Many thanks in anticipation. Terry:thumb:

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi Terry
I live in Swansea and there are plenty of good CLs on the Gower all with close to walks, I am not in the ccc so do not know the names but when I am out and about over the winter months I will have a look at names and locations.
There are a few big commercial sites on the Gower and I would not go to them if I was paid to as they are all over priced and just trade on the name Gower.
CCC club site at Gowerton very popular and Pembrey, This is next to Pembrey country park and Cefan Sidan beach (7miles long)

Rob

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I don't think there is any camping on the Gower, could be wrong. Pembray country park well worth a look and don't forget Dan-yr-ogof the national show caves in the Brecons not too far away but do get there early or you will not see it all. Plus various Castles along the South coast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
I don't think there is any camping on the Gower, could be wrong. Pembray country park well worth a look and don't forget Dan-yr-ogof the national show caves in the Brecons not too far away but do get there early or you will not see it all. Plus various Castles along the South coast.

There is a camp site at the national show caves

Rob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am from Pembrokeshire so I am a little biased. Check out the CC site at Freshwater East.

So much to see from there - Barafundle Bay,Broad Haven and Bosherston lily ponds, Freshwater West, Tenby, Saundersfoot, Amroth.

Its God's country.::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We went to a fabulous CL at Rhossili on the Gower Peninsula this year. It had EHU but nothing else. What it did have was a fabulous walk along the coastal path and you could do a big climb/walk down the hillside to the bay which you could see sparkling below. It is great fun, but a challenge, getting down there and climing back up but we did it a few times. When the tide comes in it fills the bay completely but the walk along the path just could not be beaten. I really loved it and would love to go back there again. The only 'but' for you is access. I'm not sure, with a van your size that you could get in there but you could always call to check. It is on page 554 in the 2011 CC Sites Directory and It is Mrs B Howe on 01792 390560. You could always call and ask. Other than that, there was a site just before you get there which I think was called Pitton Cross caravan park and that seemed to have a similar access to the beach. There were some lovely caves and people were going to look at the bats in one of them. Our dog loved the walks and they really flattened her battery. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't think there is any camping on the Gower, could be wrong.

Hi Roger there are plenty of sites on the Gower, as well as temporary ones in the summer and loads of CLs; Mewslade Bay is my favourite CL and Three Cliffs Bay has been voted the best site in the UK more than once:thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
CC at Gowerton was very windy when we were there in August, I suspect its windy all the time, trees and bushes were all growing at 45 degree angle :roflmto:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi Roger there are plenty of sites on the Gower, as well as temporary ones in the summer and loads of CLs; Mewslade Bay is my favourite CL and Three Cliffs Bay has been voted the best site in the UK more than once:thumb:

Three Cliffs Bay, been there, bit tight on the access road, but we were in an RV, so no supprise, don't remember it being dear but I do remember us paying more for EHU not because we needed it just so we could be right on the edge, amazing views, highly recommended. There's also a walk out the back down to a shop, sort of OK pub and a museum type place, we didn't make it in as we were out of time, damn work gets in the way of FUN:cry:

The 'beach' is about 1/2 mile down (backs the hard bit) and well worth the treck.

You also get to laugh at the tent field, most of it's about 30 degrees:ROFLMAO:

Waffling but we had a great time:thumb:

Rossili (Worms Head) well worth a visit and a HUGE car park, the kids face taking to £3 or whatever for the day parking was most entertaining as we appeared in Winne:ROFLMAO:

Access is fine down that way we went all over, we had a map with campsites marked but none of the other books, slight packing oversite:Blush:, so we really were all over the place, late September and some of the smaller sites had closed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back