Door roller awning saver (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
In certain situations my hab door catches on the awning roof, I have seen a small roller that fits on the top of the door that saves the rubber marking the awning roof material, but I have searched the web and unable to find one. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so where I can get one.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I have to make sure the angle of the omnistore is right so that the door doesnt clunk the supporting arm.......is this what is happening ?

barry

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have to make sure the angle of the omnistore is right so that the door doesnt clunk the supporting arm.......is this what is happening ?

barry

No Barry, the top corner of the door catches the awning roof material and the rubber seal marks it.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
lots of RV's (Older one's) have them

Often seen on older RV's .. it is a tiny wheel that is fixed to the top of the foor so as it opens it rolls on the canvas if the awning is to low.

It is available from RV spare's dealers in the UK.. called Awning Savers .. made by JR products.. part number in the big accessory book ..
perminate type 25-8534 (05004) or removeable type 25-8536 (05014) page 128 - 2011 issue.

Try someone like RV Spares on Ebay .. look under American Motorhomes RV and you will see the items Darren sells, if he has not got them in stock he will order them in.. not very expensive items..

Bob:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Dane, any luck yet? I did look for them when you mentioned them to me and could only find wheels. The JR ones are still wheels rather than rollers..... Drives you mad searching! Jane :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Did you try cutting a hole in the awning nobody seems to have mentioned that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:sorry mate couldnt resist

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Dane, any luck yet? I did look for them when you mentioned them to me and could only find wheels. The JR ones are still wheels rather than rollers..... Drives you mad searching! Jane :Smile:

No luck yet Jane, I'm sure the one I saw was a grey roller about 75mm long, or could it have been them special mushrooms playing tricks on me mind:ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
No luck yet Jane, I'm sure the one I saw was a grey roller about 75mm long, or could it have been them special mushrooms playing tricks on me mind:ROFLMAO:

Having Charlie (no not cocaine to anyone that does not know Charlie the CAIRN :ROFLMAO:) Means you have a good reason for those weekend walks, not suspicious at all ::bigsmile: Jane :Smile:

Nathan

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
United States
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
I read out all your review and i just want to ask you something about my problem at here that My roller door has now stuck a quarter of the way up and I've lost my remote controller for it which im getting sorted but if i lose it again then i need this rod to manually crank up my door.

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I read out all your review and i just want to ask you something about my problem at here that My roller door has now stuck a quarter of the way up and I've lost my remote controller for it which im getting sorted but if i lose it again then i need this rod to manually crank up my door.

Welcome to Fun
Sorry Nathen but the thread is about a little roller wheel that you fit to the top of a door to stop it ripping/catching the pull/roll/wind out awning when opening the motorhome habitation door

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Dane
Me thinks it must have been a home made one or the mushrooms
Broken Link Removed the biggest selection of door rollers/awning protectors you will ever see
There all much the same about and inch wide but no 3" Roller
You can buy this type frome Duncans RV stand at most shows or he will post you one Prices from £5-£10
Geo

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Geo,

Looks like the sort of thing, must have imagined the 3" wide jobbie or the one I saw was home made.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If your looking to make your own....take a look at boat trailer rollers, you can get a 3 inch one of those

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Enough of the serious stuff
Cant you nail an old roller skate upside down to yer door :thumb:::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you should be able to get them from....

RV Spares normally have them.. check them out on ebay and search under American RV Motorhome ... if he has none listed send him an email.. he has goods coming in all the time from the USA... good reliable supplier I have found.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back