Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Has anyone seen any of these?
They are a newish company and their vans are named after race circuits, ie.Oulton etc.
They are built is Swinton South Yorkshire , directly across from the Autocruise factory.
The men behind the Company are the original owners of Autocruise. Who sold the company, which was then sold to Swift. These guys were a little peed off with Swift and deceided to start again.
I have no connection with them at all othere than I deliver some components(mostly galvanised sheeting etc) to them. I have had a look around trhe factory and at the finished vans and they seem very nice.
I am a newcomer to motorhomes and I was wondering if they are as good as they look?
Mark

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
One of the models won a Caravan Club award.
Whether this means they are good, or they promised to spend lots on advertising with the Caravan Club magazine, remains to be seen...............::bigsmile:
Personally, I don't see anything new other than the Renault Traffic chassis............

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They are a newish company and their vans are named after race circuits, ie.Oulton etc.
They are built is Swinton South Yorkshire , directly across from the Autocruise factory.
The men behind the Company are the original owners of Autocruise. Who sold the company, which was then sold to Swift. These guys were a little peed off with Swift and deceided to start again.
I have no connection with them at all othere than I deliver some components(mostly galvanised sheeting etc) to them. I have had a look around trhe factory and at the finished vans and they seem very nice.
I am a newcomer to motorhomes and I was wondering if they are as good as they look?
Mark
They are quite local to me :thumb: As you say they are ex management from Autocruse but I am pretty sure they did not sell Autocruse to Swift.Swift bought it from the receivers after it went tits up!
I am not saying they did not sell it to someone else that let the company go tits up but if they owned the company for about 4/5 yrs before then it was no wonder it went bust :whatthe:They bought say 100 fridges etc, knowing full well they were only making say 70 vans then sold the fridges etc, off at a big discount -more stock went via the back door than through the front :ROFLMAO:
Anyway they look nice vans even if they are a little pricey but then again you could say the same with Timberland and IH mhs compared with others.If they are making a premium product then they should ask premium price at least that way they may well stay around.:winky:
terry

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Mark

Hi, we have the first Bentley Oulton off the production line! and we are delighted with everything in the motorhome.

We have always had Autocruise motorhomes, but the Bentley Oulton is far better in every respect to the Autocruise. The finish is really good, with lots of storage, both inside and in the outside lockers. We have lived in the Oulton for 5 weeks now and have found nothing we would change.

The best part about buying from Bentley is that you can see your motorhome built from the base unit, any individual requests and changes are accommodated in the build and we enjoyed seeing our motorhome built as much as we enjoy living in it.

The extras in other motorhomes came as standard and we had our Dome, Solar Panel, Gaslow, new Bike rack etc fitted as it was built for no extra cost. We had a brand new hook up cable, silvler screens and extra tension rafter together with additional internal lights etc etc. Nothing was too much trouble and the whole experience was great.

Because the Bentley motorhomes are being sold through smaller dealers, we had to wait 4 days for our Oulton to be registered, taxed, have the alarm fitted and ready for us to pick up from Fullers. The Autocruise Startrail from Marquis took 6 weeks!

I would recommend Bentley's unreservedly, IF we have any problems we can take the motorhome straight back to the factory and the personal service from Lyndsey (receptionist) and Richard Bentley has been second to none!

Ginny and Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back