Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I have been trying to download SP1 for Windows 7 for ages but it fails every time.

Does anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks
Jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry Jim no suggestions, but mine downloaded no problem....it took an age to download though :Angry:

just had a thought though....are you downloading the 64 bit version onto a 32 bit OS ? (or the other way round)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
having the same issue

I am having the same issue with SP1.. an error code of 80240016 comes up telling me I am already down loading updates and wait a few minutes.. but you cannot down load the SP1 ...

I am 32 not 64... My Dell is set to down load as available... but I have tried through Microsoft site with the Windows update... no luck so far

Bob:Angry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just check my Windows 7 and its already running Service Pack 1::bigsmile:
couldn't tell you when or how it installed itsself:RollEyes::thumb::thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
SP1 was released in February, Geo, so if you bought your machine after then it should have had it pre-installed.

No its just and old refurbed spare clunker, had it a while running 7 for about 12 months+
My best machines busted:cry: am researching upgrades for it or replacement, got half a deal ongoing:winky: always built my own, but its hardly worth the effort these days as the bits cost about the same as an off the shelf unit:RollEyes:
Geo

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
now down loading.. boy slow

Now down loading and is it slow... new machine March and did not have the SP installed ... takes a big chunk of memory.

intalling 8 of 10.. have been at it for 45 minnutes now.

Bob:Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
SP1 was released in February, Geo, so if you bought your machine after then it should have had it pre-installed.
No its just and old refurbed spare clunker, had it a while running 7 for about 12 months+
My best machines busted:cry: am researching upgrades for it or replacement, got half a deal ongoing:winky: always built my own, but its hardly worth the effort these days as the bits cost about the same as an off the shelf unit:RollEyes:
Geo

Probably did the update automatically one day while you were in the gym then ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Now down loading and is it slow... new machine March and did not have the SP installed ... takes a big chunk of memory.

intalling 8 of 10.. have been at it for 45 minnutes now.

Bob:Blush:
as I said Bob....took an age to download, must have been a good hour :Angry:

annoying thing is you don't see any difference to your machine, unlike downloading a new program with something to show for your time.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Probably did the update automatically one day while you were in the gym then ::bigsmile:

Just checked date and time of install
Close:thumb:
I was having my nails and a wax job:Cool:
It seems to have happend cos with W7 you just click close and walk away, I dont hang about to watch for the little white dot:Eeek: do you remember those
same when starting up click on put kettle on roll a smoke and then sit down so it has plenty of opportunity to do its own thing just like watching a kettle boil it takes twice as long
Service packs and updates are just like washing powder adds
each new one is twice as good as the last but can you really tell
Ge3o

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Well it loaded at long last

Even after the down load, it took ages to install and yes you have to turn off half way through.. but once that was done I had other jobs to do and left it to finish... All done and dusted now.. But to be honest as and when I replace the main laptop I use I will be buying a Mac.. I think the MAC OS on the IPAD much better than windows... I have 3 Dell laptop's two on XP nd one on 7.. I have I phones and I pad, and they are more stable by far. Just the cost is the down side.. I can get two Dell's for the price of a Mac laptop.

every time I turn on the Dell there is an update to install.. boy hard work.. Mac now and then you update the OS and that is it.

Bob:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back