Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have just paid for next years ACIS book (two books this time and one card) even using the pre-order discount code ..valid until 5th December which gives you £1.00 off the price the book has gone up from last years £11.15 to £13.00 this year. Seems a very large jump in price...

We will have to wait and see if the 'extra' book is making the publication more expensive... or is it ACIS are making a bigger profit from those that buy the books?

Bob:cry:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Bob, have ordered mine, trouble is if you want it you have to pay :Sad:

Larry

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
just ordered mine (for the first time) are they worth it ? ... we usually use aires but we are going to portugal for the first time in jan and thought it might come in useful as we do not know if there is aire type places in portugal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
just ordered mine (for the first time) are they worth it ? ... we usually use aires but we are going to portugal for the first time in jan and thought it might come in useful as we do not know if there is aire type places in portugal.
Worth every penny and don't let anybody tell you differently.
Adrian

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Yes its worth it

Hi Spud'n't
Yes the book is definately worth it for Spain especially as you will find you will be able to wildcamp in Portugal if you wish and loads do.:thumb:
Last year we spent 6 wks in Portugal and didn't use a campsite at all. We have a 34' RV and a toad::bigsmile:

Regards Brian and Chris

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
imho worth every penny. if not just for the discounts, out of season, but the convenience of knowing what your going to pay before you arrive at the reception :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Answer is, don't buy from Vicarious. Buy direct from the ACSI site.

I think it was 11euro including postage and a free carnet (which usually costs a fiver from the C&CC)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Just done it. Thanks. :thumb:

ACSI CampingCard

A minimum two year subscription.

Cheers,

Jock.

Thanks for the tip folks. It was well worth it even from Vicarious this year, we saved a significant sum from standard site fees, even out of season.:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We are heading to site 974 (this years No)

We are heading over to site 974 (this years number..will change for next year) we normally spend 2 or 3 nights here, but are in June 2012 using it as a base to fan out from with the car (we tow a car on a trailer behind our Winnebago RV).. the ACIS rate the is year is €11 .. we save about €5 a night.. sober over 18 days that is a lot of saving even given the purchase price of the book.

Remember you get 6 amps electric minimum and one dog.. on the site we go to they have 10amps and you pay a little more to have that.. some site's we go to have 16 amps included. Most.. not all are very good. We always feed back on the bad ones, like those that change hands mid year and the new owners do not do anything and let the site run down (no investment.. there are so I regret). But we do tend to go back to often the same one's once you fid a good one.

But yes well worth the money... and no they do not give the discount with out the valid year card.

Bob:thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I have just paid for next years ACIS book (two books this time and one card) even using the pre-order discount code ..valid until 5th December which gives you £1.00 off the price the book has gone up from last years £11.15 to £13.00 this year. Seems a very large jump in price...

We will have to wait and see if the 'extra' book is making the publication more expensive... or is it ACIS are making a bigger profit from those that buy the books?

Bob:cry:

Still good value...........nothing wrong with people making a bit more profit.
And there are two books this year.

I can moan at the power companies but wont loose too much sleep over a couple of quid.

I must be flush:Smile:

barry

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just looked at my CC statement.

ACSI book 2012 was £10.75 including free Camping Carnet, direct from ACSI

Bargain :Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We agree it is still good value and we visited many of the sites last year. The only disappointment was on a couple of the larger sites they have set aside less desirable pitches for card users with a chance to upgrade to a better pitch at a price. Just hope this does not become widespread

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back