Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I have just booked for two months at the new site in January 15 to March 15. A fabulous deal at the Motorhome Show at the NEC, visit them at their stand 9.30.
I am prompted to write this particularly as I had a small problem with my booking and pm'd Raimon to ask for assistance. He responded by return and all is sorted.
John

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
John, If when you book you mention you are a MHF member you get a 30% discount if the booking is made before 15th Dec 2011 so for the small fully serviced pitch you pay €210 per month + electric :thumb:

Mick :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a rally there from the 5th to the 25th March. So we'll see you there:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Any news on the when and how we pay the deposit for this one Jim.. ?

Like to get paid up and sorted before we leave for sunnier climes..

Other wise it will be awkward when we are on the road..

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Try and mention that you are a MHF member. :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
John, If when you book you mention you are a MHF member you get a 30% discount if the booking is made before 15th Dec 2011 so for the small fully serviced pitch you pay €210 per month + electric :thumb:[/COLOR]
]
Mick :Smile:[/QUOTE

Mick ..how did you work out that price....booking for the period of 31 days is on a 45% = 9.35 euros X by 31 days = 289.85 euoros

Plus 2.20 per day for each adult.. so for 2 adults it is 4.40 x 31 days is 136.40 euros

289.85 + 136.40 = 426.25 euros ...less 30% for a funster membe rof 127.87 euros.......grand Total 298.37... for a period of 31 day ......more if it is 30 days.

Have I worked it out wrong.... or are you talking longer term than a month....???

And JohnH...You do not say how much it cost you??????????how do we know it was a
A fabulous deal ????

(I have just booked for two months at the new site in January 15 to March 15. A fabulous deal at the Motorhome Show at the NEC, visit them at their stand 9.30.
I am prompted to write this particularly as I had a small problem with my booking and pm'd Raimon to ask for assistance. He responded by return and all is sorted.
John)

Mel

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I believe the 210 euro rate is only for stays longer than 6 months.

5 months stay works out at over 220 euros per month.

Shorter stays will take the monthly cost higher.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I believe the 210 euro rate is only for stays longer than 6 months.

5 months stay works out at over 220 euros per month.

Shorter stays will take the monthly cost higher.

I agree Bryan.... But the original funster JohnH said.... "I have just booked for two months at the new site in January 15 to March 15..A fabulous deal at the Motorhome Show at the NEC, visit them at their stand 9.30..". which is 60 nights ... the price I quoted was from 31 days to 60 days...price Discount Tarrif..45% + 30% MHF discount...........Mick, in his reply to JohnH... was...John, If when you book you mention you are a MHF member you get a 30% discount if the booking is made before 15th Dec 2011 so for the small fully serviced pitch you pay €210 per month + electric

So if it was only 210 euros for 1 or 2 months... I thought I had better look again thinking I had worked the price out all wrong, that is if we came to Marjal over some of the winter period :Doh:.........(we are not quite sure what we are doing or where we will be yet)

Mel

OP
OP
JohnH

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
John, If when you book you mention you are a MHF member you get a 30% discount if the booking is made before 15th Dec 2011 so for the small fully serviced pitch you pay €210 per month + electric :thumb:[/COLOR]
]
Mick :Smile:[/QUOTE

Mick ..how did you work out that price....booking for the period of 31 days is on a 45% = 9.35 euros X by 31 days = 289.85 euoros

Plus 2.20 per day for each adult.. so for 2 adults it is 4.40 x 31 days is 136.40 euros

289.85 + 136.40 = 426.25 euros ...less 30% for a funster membe rof 127.87 euros.......grand Total 298.37... for a period of 31 day ......more if it is 30 days.

Have I worked it out wrong.... or are you talking longer term than a month....???

And JohnH...You do not say how much it cost you??????????how do we know it was a
A fabulous deal ????

(I have just booked for two months at the new site in January 15 to March 15. A fabulous deal at the Motorhome Show at the NEC, visit them at their stand 9.30.
John)

Mel

Greetings. The price I have is for 60 days and is 220 Euros per month for pitch, 2 people and incl electricity. Total price 440 Euros. This was a show only special price.
John

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Greetings. The price I have is for 60 days and is 220 Euros per month for pitch, 2 people and incl electricity. Total price 440 Euros. This was a show only special price.
John

As I see it, FUNsters price for 60 days is:

9.35 * 60 = 561 * 0.7 = 392 NOT including leccy.

So looks like they've taken a guess at €40(ish) for leccy.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
John

WELL DONE JOHN THAT WAS A BARGAIN:thumb::thumb:...

It seems you get a better deal at the NEC for a individual.... than the funster's deal 30% with many funsters going !!.:Eeek: without electric

That is better than the Funsters deal... and includes electric.. I had worked ours out at 298.38 euros for a period of 31 days....(but it was the same daily rate 9.35 euros for up to 60 days )......without electric !!!!!!!!!?????

How do you work the price out at Marjal, it seems we are working it out different to many others,
please advise

Do you pay 9.35 per day does that include two people and a motorhome ..+ electric?

OR

Do you pay 9.35 euros per day for the Motorhome + 2.20 per person so for two people = 4.40 per day =13.75 per day less your 30% making a total of 298.38 euros for 31 days + electric .(this is the price we are working on... minus electric have we got it wrong??)

Mel:Eeek:

Last edited:
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Makes the 30% discount to Fun look pitiful.

A 5 month stay WITH fun discount still costs more than 220 euros per month PLUS ELECTRIC ON TOP!!!

Come on Raimon, offer funsters a rate of 220 euros INC. electric for stays of 3 months or more and I reckon you'll get a better take up.

The problem with the 6 month stay is that it will take most guests into June which is too hot for us :)

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007

Check out this page on their web site. Link Removed

This shows a rate of 245€/month* which is a 20% discount for * Long term offer, for reservations of 6 months or more, made before 15/12/2011 and for being a MHF member you get an extra 10% that is for a 90m2 size fully serviced pitch

Mick :thumb:

OP
OP
JohnH

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I hope that I haven't stirred up a hornet's nest. I did nothing clever in negotiating any rate. All I did was visit their stand looking for information on two month stay. The offer was printed and was on the desk (Stand 9.30 at the NEC).
I checked and double checked that this was correct and it was only if I booked at the show there and then. I did and am grateful that I was there at the right time. I am sure if anyone goes to the Motorhome Show at the NEC they can get the same deal.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Check out this page on their web site. Link Removed

This shows a rate of 245€/month* which is a 20% discount for * Long term offer, for reservations of 6 months or more, made before 15/12/2011 and for being a MHF member you get an extra 10% that is for a 90m2 size fully serviced pitch

Mick :thumb:

Yes I agree with you... Mick....220.5 euros per month for long term 6 months or over:Doh:... not for the two months like John had mentioned.......

I think JohnH Got the better deal at the NEC:thumb:
That is 51.33 euros a week inc electric......Yes.....Come on Raimon, what about the funsters.....do the same deal 220 inc electric for 2 months or more

Mel

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Makes the 30% discount to Fun look pitiful.

A 5 month stay WITH fun discount still costs more than 220 euros per month PLUS ELECTRIC ON TOP!!!

Come on Raimon, offer funsters a rate of 220 euros INC. electric for stays of 3 months or more and I reckon you'll get a better take up.

The problem with the 6 month stay is that it will take most guests into June which is too hot for us :)

Bryan...You should be asking for the same deal as the NEC... 220 euros for 2 months or more inc electric....:Angry:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Bryan...You should be asking for the same deal as the NEC... 220 euros for 2 months or more inc electric....:Angry:

I'm not greedy, and I want to give Raimon a little wriggle room :ROFLMAO:

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Hi All
We have just visited the new site of Marjel Costa Blanca.
We are staying on the old site at the moment until the 11th of the 11th when several of us will be moving over to the new site. We are the proverbial Guinea pigs for this site and have met Costa the director there and he gave us a guided tour of the facilities which are stunning.
At first we did wonder if it will be completed on time but we have had assurances that the site will be up and running, though a large part of the pitches will still be getting completed as we are there.
If you are worried about traffic noise from the nearby Autopista, be assured the huge sound bank they have built alongside will kill off any traffic noise and they are landscaping this with trees and shrubs.
Pitches are going fast we had trouble getting one that we liked as so many have already booked so if you fancy this site book now....
I will upload photos of our visit. at the moment there are areas that still look like a building site but looking at the amount of men working on the site I'm sure it will be completed.

Stu & Kay Smith

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As I see it, FUNsters price for 60 days is:

9.35 * 60 = 561 * 0.7 = 392 NOT including leccy.

So looks like they've taken a guess at €40(ish) for leccy.

Damn, I thought I'd posted a correction earlier.....

9.35 + 4.40 ( 2 persons ) = 13.75
13.75 * 60 = 825 * .7 = 577.50

So FUN is on 577 plus leccy, NEC is on 440 inc.

Surely not right.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I'm not greedy, and I want to give Raimon a little wriggle room :ROFLMAO:

No... it is not being GREEDY Bryan .....it is called a Level Playing Field..........now if anybody had any sense that had NOT already booked...and was going to Marjal over winter for two months or more......and could get to the NEC.........it would pay them to do there bookings there...as there is a very big difference in cost:Eeek:...But alas some can not get to the NEC:Doh::Eeek::cry:..like myself....that is why I said " Level Playing field" that will include all Funsters that can not get to NEC ..
So if RAIMON had any decency he would make the bookings the same as the NEC..for Funster members.:thumb:

Just one question Bryan...will you be going for three months or more???:winky:...to Marjal................I thought I read on one of your threads were you had rented out your property and was off to the sun..may be I have got the wrong Bryan or maybe you are not going to Marjal my apologies if I have it wrong :Doh::winky::winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:you may be off back to Zahora...have a good holiday
......I don't look for favours BUT I do look for equality

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This looks more like an electricity company tariff every time I look at it.

Why cant these companies make life easy for people like me and give a SIMPLE pricelist that I can understand.

Does not instill confidence.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Have to agree, I want a price for the length of my stay, including leccie and wi fi. :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Maybe Raimon is not in the position to be able to offer us the same deal... Maybe he didn't know anything about the NEC deal... Maybe, as we are all busy posting these moans, he is busy trying the right the wrong...

There are always reasons for everything and we don't always know what those reasons are...

JJ :Cool:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Maybe Raimon is not in the position to be able to offer us the same deal... Maybe he didn't know anything about the NEC deal... Maybe, as we are all busy posting these moans, he is busy trying the right the wrong...

There are always reasons for everything and we don't always know what those reasons are...

Here JJ.. I did not know you was such a Philosopher Oooooo have you have been eating those cornflakes again :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am sorry to disagree JJ but if a seller is selling something whether it be a pound of tripe or a months camping the price should be the same for all,not make it so difficult that only a mathematician can understand it.
That's my feelings anyway and as I said before it hardly instills confidence when everyone is paying a different price.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Am sorry to disagree JJ but if a seller is selling something whether it be a pound of tripe or a months camping the price should be the same for all,not make it so difficult that only a mathematician can understand it.
That's my feelings anyway and as I said before it hardly instills confidence when everyone is paying a different price.

So the Solex wasn't a special price to me? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back