Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
WoooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooLink Removed

We FINALLY have had our windscreen sorted, something hit the drivers side on the way back from Oswestry.

Winne, as os typical of many RVs has the front creen in two halves, well when the new one arrived the sunstrip at the top was 6" drop rather than the 8" of the origional. On advice of the man from Autoglass we didn't have it fitted as once in the insurance could have walked away and obviously we didn't want glaringly mismatched windscreens.

So now, well as of half an hour or so ago have a complete new pair of winscreensLink Removed

Us, £50, insurance, wait for it.....£5383.53Link Removed

Just thought I'd share, though there is a moral here make sure your windscreen cover is sufficientLink Removed

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Us, £50, insurance, wait for it.....£5383.53

Bl****** H***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just phone second insurance co for a quote & THANKS--will now double, triple check the windscreen/ glass cover.

Glad you are back on the move, feeling sparkly and new :Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
WoooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooLink Removed

We FINALLY have had our windscreen sorted, something hit the drivers side on the way back from Oswestry.

Winne, as os typical of many RVs has the front creen in two halves, well when the new one arrived the sunstrip at the top was 6" drop rather than the 8" of the origional. On advice of the man from Autoglass we didn't have it fitted as once in the insurance could have walked away and obviously we didn't want glaringly mismatched windscreens.

So now, well as of half an hour or so ago have a complete new pair of winscreensLink Removed

Us, £50, insurance, wait for it.....[HI]£5383.53[/HI]Link Removed

Just thought I'd share, though there is a moral here make sure your windscreen cover is sufficientLink Removed
Bl**dy hell Si I just fell off my rocking chair when I read that:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Glad it is done Si

Glad you have Winnie back in one bit again Si... does it surprise me the cost? no.. RV's are expensive and having two halves replaced is a lot of glass to have imported from the US of A.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
well I'm disgusted Simon, its people like you that push up the price of insurance....you should have accepted the first screen half and just water-coloured the sunstrip to suit.

only kidding mate, glad you got it sorted, eventually. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back