Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Crikey Yosser, that is a hellova a question mate

Ok.. To start with it is worth remembering you are unlikely to do many thousands of miles on it.. In fact the average MH scoot rarely see's more than a few hundred miles a year

With that in mind it makes not too much difference WHAT you go for..
Be price oriented, but avoid the less well known Chinese options..

One Chinese that, in general, is pretty good nowadays due to big spend on dealerships and spares stockists, is the Baotian
I think you can buy a brand new one for less than £600 if you shop around a bit !

Here is a link to their site:

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
Crikey Yosser, that is a hellova a question mate

Ok.. To start with it is worth remembering you are unlikely to do many thousands of miles on it.. In fact the average MH scoot rarely see's more than a few hundred miles a year

With that in mind it makes not too much difference WHAT you go for..
Be price oriented, but avoid the less well known Chinese options..

One Chinese that, in general, is pretty good nowadays due to big spend on dealerships and spares stockists, is the Baotian
I think you can buy a brand new one for less than £600 if you shop around a bit !

Here is a link to their site:

hi jaws ....ive seen the scooter he,s on about, i told him to forget it, its on fleabay, its as old as the hills,or nearly as old as himself. it probably has more medical issues than him as well.
in fact the only thing in his favour would be. that it is a monkey bike, (would suit him well):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and anyways i dont know how he,s gonna get the time to ride it, as he,s just gone into the elicopter buisiness

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Best 50cc?

A 125.......

so at least you can go up a hill at more than walking pace and keep up safely with:thumb: normal traffic.......

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A 125.......

so at least you can go up a hill at more than walking pace and keep up safely with:thumb: normal traffic.......

Not a lot of good if you do not have a bike licence though..

I mean, if you are law abiding and do not have a bike licence all you can do is push the 125
Might as well get an even bigger bike and push that around as push a 125 around ( though pushing a 125 around is easier than a big bike cos its lighter ) LOL :winky:::bigsmile:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
I would get a 4 stroke scooter, less noise and in my experience , more reliable.
This one is a bargain.

Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would get a 4 stroke scooter, less noise and in my experience , more reliable.
This one is a bargain.

Link Removed
I guess the price (£284.99) reflects the condition, but a ripped seat, no ignition lock barrel and a large crack in the plastic below the headlamp on a new, unregistered bike......something doesn't ring true and i wouldn't touch it :Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, i have been using a 90cc dax chinese bike since 2001 .it goes all over the place. also had a few lifan dax,s and single seat monkey bikes. 50cc to 110cc .the dax is more comfortably and manages two with care. the 50cc are ideal for car licence drivers as they now class as mopeds. keep your eyes on ebay.
beware some dont come with certificate of conformaty making it impossible to regester here. i take them to morocco and sell them there.
have fun thats what lifes about .

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Not a lot of good if you do not have a bike licence though..

I mean, if you are law abiding and do not have a bike licence all you can do is push the 125
Might as well get an even bigger bike and push that around as push a 125 around ( though pushing a 125 around is easier than a big bike cos its lighter ) LOL :winky:::bigsmile:

Hi all I don’t intend to hijack this thread because I would like too know everyone’s thoughts on this because I will be buying one also. But I searched on here and found you can carrier a passenger on my driving licence because I am as old as the hills, but what is the biggest cc you can buy.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi all I don’t intend to hijack this thread because I would like too know everyone’s thoughts on this because I will be buying one also. But I searched on here and found you can carrier a passenger on my driving licence because I am as old as the hills, but what is the biggest cc you can buy.

You could buy a 600cc Bergman but you wont be legal to use it :Doh:
With your old moped rights on a car licence
you can carry a passenger, but your Maximum cc is still 50:Doh:
buy a good un, peugeot for example,I didnt say have it de regulated
and scoot along at about 30+ a bit mph on the flats, two up
never be a sound barrier breaker but one or two are constructed to carry two people the clue is in the foot rest or foot rest area provided
Geo

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Slip me two grand Martin and I will let you have the Solex...:winky:

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• Portimao 5.jpg
    Portimao 5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Solex 4.jpg
    Solex 4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 11

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have a benelli pepe lx 50 cc and very happy with it i only use it for going to work and back but i can get just over 40 out of it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back