Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
Hi Everyone
I want to introduce myself, the name is Steve, I am in a very fortunate position, of being a campsite owner in Kent, travelled all over the place in several different Motorhomes, work on them for a living & love everything to do with Campers! Thanks for the site, its very usefull

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Hi Steve, I'm a newbe here today myself,
Trying to get up to date (its a big site !!)
Lucky old you with a campsite :thumb:
Brian

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
QUOTE=Steveutwg;485993]Hi Everyone
I want to introduce myself, the name is Steve, I am in a very fortunate position, of being a campsite owner in Kent, travelled all over the place in several different Motorhomes, work on them for a living & love everything to do with Campers! Thanks for the site, its very usefull
[/QUOTE]

:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
QUOTE=deckie;485994]Hi Steve, I'm a newbe here today myself,
Trying to get up to date (its a big site !!)
Lucky old you with a campsite :thumb:
Brian[/QUOTE]

:welcomefunster:

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
New with High mileage

Brian
It may sound like Heven, well it is getting there, people think all you do is cut the grass and take the dosh lol... Started 28th Jan 2011 still at it every day banging screwing nailing, I have learned sooooo many trades its all good, but boy it's hard work!

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Brian
It may sound like Heven, well it is getting there, people think all you do is cut the grass and take the dosh lol... Started 28th Jan 2011 still at it every day banging screwing nailing, I have learned sooooo many trades its all good, but boy it's hard work!

Ooo- er missus - sounds like fun!! ::bigsmile:

Welcome to MHfun.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello both and welome to Motorhome Fun, lots of information freely shared on here join in, best £10 you will spend. :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
New with High mileage

That's just it the older you get the more those grey hairs seem to spring out of your nose, Just had the plumber on the phone, at last were getting a new Boiler for the almost finished shower block, needs to be ready for Bonfire Night... We don't want campers goose pinpalls de we, Oh just the thought of it!:moon:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Welcome to the fun................

Brian
It may sound like Heven, well it is getting there, people think all you do is cut the grass and take the dosh lol... Started 28th Jan 2011 [HI]still at it every day banging screwing nailing[/HI], I have learned sooooo many trades its all good, but boy it's hard work!

............Do you need an apprentice.......go on gis a job, go on

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
New with High Mileage

Thank you all for your interest, this forum certainly is FUN... Reading the comments had me in stiches! The ggod news for us is we appear to be the only CL on the Isle of Sheppey, for those of you who know it, please don't run it down, it's a great place to be! Where else in the UK can you park your Motorhome right next to the beach? No hight restrictors, lots of parking without Meters or bays too! Now you cant do that in the west country or the Beuatifull Isle of White! Add to that the weather this year has been fantastic, so it's thumbs up of Sheppey I say!:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
wonderful place - lots of HMP's

Thank you all for your interest, this forum certainly is FUN... Reading the comments had me in stiches! The ggod news for us is we appear to be the only CL on the Isle of Sheppey, for those of you who know it, please don't run it down, it's a great place to be! Where else in the UK can you park your Motorhome right next to the beach? No hight restrictors, lots of parking without Meters or bays too! Now you cant do that in the west country or the Beuatifull Isle of White! Add to that the weather this year has been fantastic, so it's thumbs up of Sheppey I say!:thumb:

Wonderful place the Isle of Sheppey now they have a bridge. Lots of HMP (Prisons).. a great cement place that makes garden benches.. a good place to visit if you like a Southend on Sea type place on a smaller scale in the summer.. but in the winter or out of season it is very nice... not running down.. just pick your time to go. Not to far off the A2...

Yes I live in Kent as well... we have some nice coast areas running down the East side past Sheppey and down towards the Isle of Thanat (Margate and Ramsgate and Broadstairs etc.,).. in land we do well, Tunbridge Wells in the North West and it runs way down to the Sussex coastal areas..

S0 do visit the county, recommended.. As said a lot cheaper than the West Country and has a lot to offer.. great for a long weekend. Plus we have the channel tunnel and Dover - gateways to Europe.

Anyway Steve welcome to the site.. well worth £10 a year.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard:thumb:

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Brian

Hi Steve
Great forum this :thumb: , it seems i'm getting welcomed in two posts (yours & mine ... under ... 'Hi All' ) how about that, (hope you don't mind ??) twice the welcome ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:,
I'm just across the water from you, perhaps i will have some time at your site, is it open all year ??
Enjoy your 'chores' :Smile:, bit of an 'all trades' myself, so know what you mean :thumb:
Regards, Brian

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
New High Mileage

Hi Brian
Well this post has gathered pace, so many nice comments... Thanks you all, yes Sheppey is a great place, all year realy, we spent months deciding where to open a Campsite, We chose sheppey as its so close to london where I have a proper job fixing Motorhomes and stuff, so it take me under an hour to and from work! There are many places on the island to wander around, Minster Beach perfect, park right next to the sea, pop in the pub for a meal, well cheap! we are finding new places all the time, both on and just off the isalnd, your right the new bridge makes it real easy! if you want to come and stay fine by me, just lookout for LeoBay on google, dont want spam this post with advertising, Just like making new friends!:winky:

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Hi Brian
Well this post has gathered pace, so many nice comments... Thanks you all, yes Sheppey is a great place, all year realy, we spent months deciding where to open a Campsite, We chose sheppey as its so close to london where I have a proper job fixing Motorhomes and stuff, so it take me under an hour to and from work! There are many places on the island to wander around, Minster Beach perfect, park right next to the sea, pop in the pub for a meal, well cheap! we are finding new places all the time, both on and just off the isalnd, your right the new bridge makes it real easy! if you want to come and stay fine by me, just lookout for LeoBay on google, dont want spam this post with advertising, Just like making new friends!:winky:

Thanks Steve,
Have 'bookmarked' your campsite :thumb:,
They seem like a good bunch on here, so making new friends shouldn't be a problem !!
Brian

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
New High Mileage

Brian we are open all year, why don't you gat a floatation device fitted and paddle across then, you can easily drive up the morring ramp in Queenbrough! sure they won't mind, it would make a good photo too!:ROFLMAO:

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Brian we are open all year, why don't you gat a floatation device fitted and paddle across then, you can easily drive up the morring ramp in Queenbrough! sure they won't mind, it would make a good photo too!:ROFLMAO:

That would be a first .... An amphibious 'Autosleeper Clubman' .... want one ::bigsmile:
Brian

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome

Your site looks great - I have bookmarked it too!

Best regards

Catherine

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
New High Mileage

Thanks Catherine for the bookmark, well have the kettle on ready! Brian I was going to say amfibius, but can't spell it, wish I had taken more notice as skool...:cry:

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Thanks Catherine for the bookmark, well have the kettle on ready! Brian I was going to say amfibius, but can't spell it, wish I had taken more notice as skool...:cry:

Wel Steve mi skule woz inn sarfend ulso eye yuse speliin cheka ah lott :ROFLMAO:

Brian

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
New High Mileage

Brian your funny, just fell off me chair, However I did attend a Grammer Skool, short trousers and a cap, so I must be taught proper well in it! Maybe one of the reasons why we aint Listed on the Caravan Club CL List dont know enuf to fill out the form!:Doh:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi,

Welcome to FUN to the both of you....:welcomefunster:s

We may well have to drop in the next time were Daaaan Saaaaarf........:thumb:

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Brian your funny, just fell off me chair, However I did attend a Grammer Skool, short trousers and a cap, so I must be taught proper well in it! Maybe one of the reasons why we aint Listed on the Caravan Club CL List dont know enuf to fill out the form!:Doh:

Well old chap, it is jolly good hockey sticks that you are not a CC cl site, because ..... i AINT a member ::bigsmile:, I am of the C&C Club though :thumb:
Must go now, (the wife/boss is stamping her feet ... shopping eh).
It's been fun Mate, have a good un.
Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back