what did you do in last weekends heatwave (1 Viewer)

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
I went down to Looe ,on the spur of the moment, strayed at the Careden site, where Steve always makes you feel at home, I can definatly recomend this site,.Took my A.S Leci bike with me, and had no probs getting out of Looe or Polperro with it, folks who know the area, can testify how steep these hills are, so it was a case of relaxing in the mini heat wave and consuming a pint of cider or three......................Del:Smile::Smile:

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
visited a lovely little CL at Chapel point. (chapel St leonards) had three days wall to wall sunshine.:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Had 3 days at the Prescot Hill Climb, Live music / Old bikes / American Hot Rods/ and the Wall of death, wall to wall sunshine brilliant week end, followed by two days at CC site at Cheltenham Race Course. Defiantly a good long week end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
On Saturday we took our 4yr old grandson to East Lancs Railway at Bury and visited the Thomas the Tank Engine event! :thumb:
On Sunday we relaxed - knackered from the day before!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Travelled down to get new tyres for the RV on the way to Spain

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Saturday we left Furadouro in Portugal and travelled to Gaia where we stayed on a Parque Bilogic and went to a celebration of sweet corn harvest ::bigsmile: On Sunday we travelled to Madalena which we used as a base to visit Porto and buy lots of port :Smile:
A good weekend.
Mike.

We are now at Caminhas on Portuguese side of river-will go into Spain sometime next week.

semi hemi

Free Member
Sep 26, 2011
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
old transit coachbuilt
Exp
Had 3 days at the Prescot Hill Climb, Live music / Old bikes / American Hot Rods/ and the Wall of death, wall to wall sunshine brilliant week end, followed by two days at CC site at Cheltenham Race Course. Defiantly a good long week end.

i wish i'd have known that was on!!

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
Flippin heck

What did we do the only week of the uk summer! Flippin booked to go to Cyprus. What a bummer!!! :Smile:

Gail

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Attachments

• CIMG4201 (800x600).jpg
    CIMG4201 (800x600).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 25
  • CIMG4223 (800x600).jpg
    CIMG4223 (800x600).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 27

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What heat wave did i miss it here in Scotland:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

semi hemi

Free Member
Sep 26, 2011
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
old transit coachbuilt
Exp
Very impressed to see No 1 Street Rod Dragster there

thanks Ed,ill bet that engine cost more than my house!! i go to alot of the drag meets,santa pod and shakespear county raceways(stratford upon avon)one of the reasons for the motorhome,fed up with tents etc.i drive my hot rod and my wife drives the motorhome.im a petrolhead at heart especially v8s.

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Was in isolation in hospital with a central line infection.

Sat they took the line out.

Shhh............... I escaped yesterday, currently hiding from the bounty hunters.

June

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Only two on site so went large scale model aircraft flying up the mountain, flew Spitfire for the first time, then fished with a camper in the evening.
What a great welsh summer if a bit short !
Mark

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Went canoeing up a lovelly stretch of the "cut" between Northwich & Middlewich. Bonus was that we found a cracking little spot just off the towpath in the middle of know where that will take our tent very nicely sometime. Very peacefull.
Got back to site after about 4 hours and hit the sun loungers with a good book and a bottle of white.
SWMBO made homemade yung chow (sp) on the BBQ Skottle.
Had some more wine (he lies - it was a LOT!).
Gobbed off till it went dusk, where upon the Boss giggled, "shall we sleep in the tent at the side of the rig tonight"?
So we did, and all 3 of us (inc Dougal, our cat) fell asleep watching the stars.

What a rubbish weekend THAT was!:Cool:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Only two on site so went large scale model aircraft flying up the mountain, flew Spitfire for the first time, then fished with a camper in the evening.
What a great welsh summer if a bit short !
Mark

I fish with worms but never catch much...........do you get any better luck using campers?:ROFLMAO:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
What heatwave? I think we've only had 10 days with out rain, at sometime, since June! It's been warm but rained at the same time.

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
We drove three hours to Portsmouth stayed in an Hotel then first thing on Saturday inspected a motor home took us most of the day then drove the three hours back home. Worth the effort though looks like we are about to buy our first motor home :thumb: I should be happy but I find it all very stressful.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We went to the Malvern Caravan Show at the 3 Counties Showground, Small display of 'vans and equipment but a great evening of music with the Johnny Cash Roadshow.

Booked it months ago so had no idea about the weather, but as the saying goes "the sun shines on the righteous" and it certainly did on us.

Had to spend the afternoon sitting in the sun consuming large bottles of Manns Brown Ale, really stressful?

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We drove three hours to Portsmouth stayed in an Hotel then first thing on Saturday inspected a motor home took us most of the day then drove the three hours back home. Worth the effort though looks like we are about to buy our first motor home :thumb: I should be happy but I find it all very stressful.

Which Company are you thinking of buying from?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back