DVLA.. Do the rest of the Muppets still wonder where their friends work ? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just had to vent my spleen a little..

The DVLA is run by incompetent bastards who honestly believe they can do exactrly what they want to and treat people like mud

I have yet to speak to or deal with a single person from the DVLA Swansea who is not a total turd

Sorry about the profanities but jeez bloody christ what a total bunch of useless nobs

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have yet to speak to or deal with a single person from the DVLA Swansea who is not a total turd

Sorry about the profanities but jeez bloody christ what a total bunch of useless nobs

All bikers know this !

Though my daughter worked for them until grand-kids came along.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now

The DVLA is run by incompetent bastards who honestly believe they can do exactrly what they want to and treat people like mud

Is there a problem mate??????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, yes it can be difficult .after awhile though you learn to get desk nmbers of the good ones. there are loads of helpfull folk in dvla swansea . they just have to do months on the telephone desk annoying people. after a while they get a proper desk and become very helpfull.
i knew one for years he used to joke if you told him he was helpfull that he might get sacked if it was known about that.
retired now but his new replacement is ok.
if you keep having problems pm me i might be able to give you a desk tel ,number of just what you want.
keep smiling its all good for the morale

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Enough of this PC, beating about the bush stuff, get it off your chest.:ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
No help to you John but if you go in to Swansea like I can they are really helpful.

I have tried the phone route though:swear:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Dont hold back, John. Tell it like it is.

Much better to use the local VROs. Much better, more efficient service.
When I bought the current van, we had a trip to France planned. Ferries booked, sorted.
3 days prior to departure:
I rang DVLA asking where the Reg document was, needed it for the trip. They told me they'd posted it that day second class, but it would be invalid as they'd spelt my name wrong.
I asked why they had posted it knowing it to be wrong, and "Its the way the system works" was the reply. I was expected to send it back to them corrected.
No problem though, they would sort it out within a month to six weeks!.
Went to VRO Lincoln with sales docs, they issued a valid temporary registration document in 10 minutes, cost about £2.50.
I aked them why we needed Swansea when they provided a better service, the reply from the lass was a lovely smile and "Dunno, really".

Yes John, Tossers!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok.. these in the last 3 days !!!

Richard ( of the Scottys ) has tried repeatedly to get the info in his log book corrected.

He eventually TOOK THE V5 TO THE LOCAL muppet show at Norwich

Weeks go by. After 20 minutes of waiting he is told they do not have his V5..
Quite obviously they have lost it ( given that they were handed, in person, to the thing behind a desk at Norwich ) yet he has now got to pay £25.00 for a replacement ( which is almost certainly going to turn up with the wrong information again )

My son sent his motorhome V5 off last year.. Just realised that he never got it back ( they must have got it cos he does the VEL on line !!

I will not even tell you about my mess yet as I am in the middle of it ( though no doubt they ( muppets R us ) will assume zero responsibility and it will no doubt cost me money ! )

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Dont tell me
You need an HGV licence to drive your buggy thats registerd as a 16 seater limo
and the VED is £12000 for 6 months
Close or what:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dont tell me
You need an HGV licence to drive your buggy thats registerd as a 16 seater limo
and the VED is £12000 for 6 months
Close or what:thumb:
Geo

Amazing !!!

You have a spy in my house who actually works for the DVLA don't you !!

I can tell cos every part was wrong so def a DVLA employee !!! :ROFLMAO::thumb:

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
They have just sent me 2 yes two V5s for a car I traded- in with a chrished reg no.
Two V5s with the same reg . So all I need is another identical car to sell

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
When my dad was dying from cancer the dvla took my driving licence away because of my disabilities. My only option to get it back was to take them to magistrates court.

I was taking THEM to court yet I was listed as the DEFENDANT.

The DVLA failed to turn up twice. I was even asked by the court to telephone them to ensure an attendance on the 3rd time which I did.

I was then inundated with telephone calls from the DVLA telling me that when they WON the case, that they would be taking OUR HOUSE from us as the court fees, their BARRISTER fees etc etc etc would bankrupt me.

I WENT to court
I PRESENTED my own CASE

In their opening statement they stated they had no case to answer and requested totally outrage costs be paid by me. Including overnight stay in a central london hotel - yes I did ask which one.

I turned round and said. I attended court 3 times whilst my dad is dying and you have attended once and arrived late for court. This means you could have left Swansea and been in London and not stayed overnight in a plush 5 star central london hotel which was unnecessary when there is a travel lodge at £15 per night just up the road. (which is what it was at that time).

YOU as a company have employed an expensive leading BARRISTER when I am presenting my own case - am I really that frightening or has your government department done something so wrong that it needs fully defending.

I WON.

My licence was reinstated. Albeit only on automatic vehicles only

Had I had the money I could have taken the DVLA to court under disability discrimination but I couldnt afford the barrister and because we own our own home, legal aid was not an option.

Amazing if we had not worked for everything we had, had been lazy and been given council housing and not ever worked (no offence to anyone in council accommodation) we would have been entitled to legal aid. I did take legal advice and was told my case was good, however no one would take it on pro bono or no win no fee, because of the type of case it was.

Oh well.

I have absolutely no time for the DVLA whatsoever. Despite being advised of my fathers situation, his licence was never revoked. He was on so much morphine that had he driven he would probably have killed someone. My aunt, who has alzheimers albeit I wrote to them several times, was allowed to keep her licence.

My husband who raced motorbikes for the local and county teams can no longer ride large bikes because they have lost his documentation and would have to take re tests which he refuses to do.

The DVLA were given a new picture for my temporary licence. Apparently photos are renewable every 10 years. They have wanted me to renew mine in 3 years. I have not renewed it, have no intention of renewing it for another 7 years and if they take me to court, I can explain and prove them wrong.

Got absolutely no time whatsoever for the DVLA.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Problem is though no one at DVLA cares that you won and they lost. Doesn't affect them personally . Had you at least written a letter claiming disability discrimination you would have had the civil servant(s) in question crapping it.

Well done for beating them anyway.:thumb:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
My problem only exists because the man at DVLA simply couldn't comprehend the difference between kg and cc for a weight upgrade.

I've had 4 different v5s from them, all wrong and it's taken a year.

They upped the engine size to 4.2 tonnes and now they've conveniently lost the v5 so I've got to reapply and send them £25.:Doh:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
They upped the engine size to 4.2 tonnes

Your engine size is 4.2 tonnes :Eeek: Are you driving a railway train of some sort?

No wonder DVLA are getting a bad name - if that is the kind of mistake they are making. :ROFLMAO:

Dick

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
All government departments that have any amount of power are standardised on the PAYG system.

The DVLA mess up frequently, and they will deny everything and charge you.

The VAT man messes up just as frequently, and denies everything and you pay.

Whatever deprtment it is the same system that they operate by - Pay As You're Guilty.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My issue is now sorted out.. it will cost me money of course and the knobber even admitted it was their cock up..

I was under the impression the DVLA is not a govt department but I private company ?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. like any of the authorities unfit for purpose. we can change the government but we cantb change authority. they keep there jobs no matter what.
revolution is happening . give them as much grief as you can. if you dont they assume they are doing it ok.
remember they are suposed to be working for us .not telling us what to do.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
remember they are suposed to be working for us .not telling us what to do.

What a quaint idea !

What next, politicians listening to us ?

Good to see to took out the bank loan and found the tenner, welcome back.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have just got compensation from the DVLA. They had a export marker on Lynn's BM, and it took a month to sort out. I asked for compo and was told to make a complaint and submit a claim. It was a hard battle but in the end they folded.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi brian . good tosee you still here. i,ve been around but not on here.
likecoming home really. cheers alan .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back