Motorhome covers (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Afternoon all
Just been up to clean off the roof of the van, and decided its time to do something about the stains etc that build up on the roof from a nearby weeping willow - if the leaves are on it for more than a couple of days and they get damp they leave a right royal pain in the butt of a stain, Not to mention all the other 'stuff' that comes from the tree and resulting in the dreaded black streaks!

Id read somewhere about only washing the roof down and not putting any thing extra on it - not sure why that is but it made sense on the work front :roflmto: so i never have done - any one know if this is true or what the reason is

I guess i have 3 options
  1. Cut the tree down - id need 10 life times as a monk to regain the amount of brownie points id loose on this one though
  2. get a cover
  3. deploy some ingenious idea that im yet to find out about

Cleaning every few day is not an option BTW, neither is parking the van upside down...

Anyone used the covers, got any hints or some ingenious tips

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Know exactly what you mean .............cleaning the roof with all its obstacles is a right pain in the butt. :Angry:

As you say the Autumn is the worst period with all the leaves.........we have taken the covering option. Have recently bought a full ProTec cover for our Autocruise and still have a simple P/T roof cover for our previous van (Autosleeper Windsor) which needs to find a new owner sometime if anyone is interested.:winky:

They are a bit awkward at first to put on but certainly keep the van clean and we only use it if van is layed up for 2-3 weeks.:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Only one cure
Option 1

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements