Shower curtain for Autohome Merlin VW 1996 (1 Viewer)

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
After about 3 months searching, we finally bought our first motor home on Saturday. We are really pleased with it and looking forward to a little trip this week to try everything out. It's in excellent condition especially for the year but the shower curtain is missing. I'm assuming that because of the small fittings on the rail you can't just fit any old shower curtain. Does anyone know where we would be able to buy one for this model? Thanks

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
After about 3 months searching, we finally bought our first motor home on Saturday. We are really pleased with it and looking forward to a little trip this week to try everything out. It's in excellent condition especially for the year but the shower curtain is missing. I'm assuming that because of the small fittings on the rail you can't just fit any old shower curtain. Does anyone know where we would be able to buy one for this model? Thanks

There's nothing special about a shower curtain - they're much the same the world over. I think the best way forward would be to measure up, buy some material and make it up yourself. The 'small fittings on the rail' are used extensively in the caravan industry and are universally available from good accessory shops and people like 0'Leary in Hull. The fittings on yours could well be made by a company such as 'Silentgliss'.

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
There's nothing special about a shower curtain - they're much the same the world over. I think the best way forward would be to measure up, buy some material and make it up yourself. The 'small fittings on the rail' are used extensively in the caravan industry and are universally available from good accessory shops and people like 0'Leary in Hull. The fittings on yours could well be made by a company such as 'Silentgliss'.

Thank you for responding to what may have seemed a dumb & trivial question. Just wondered because most shower curtains in Homebase etc have big rings on them. Of course, making your own makes sense. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have in the past used large steel paper clips to connect a shower curtain with big rings to a curtain rail which only had the very small rings.
Fasten the clip on the big ring then connect the paper clip to the small ring.. Simples:thumb:

Worked a treat. In fact I think they are still there...:RollEyes:

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have in the past used large steel paper clips to connect a shower curtain with big rings to a curtain rail which only had the very small rings.
Fasten the clip on the big ring then connect the paper clip to the small ring.. Simples:thumb:

Worked a treat. In fact I think they are still there...:RollEyes:

Thanks for that. Great suggestion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back