a Major Service,a cam belt change, rectify fault (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
What would be the estimated cost in the Uk for this work to done to a (not sure if its a )2006 or 2007 Fiat 2.5 or 2.8 diesel

1. A Service ......(The large service/major...not sure what milage as it is not my van).
2. A Cambelt change.
3. Rectify fault on side lights...new connector spade terminal on a terminal block.
All this work is done while having a service

:Eeek:????????????????????????????????? :whatthe::cry:...then i will tell you what my friend was charged in France.....it shocked me

Mel

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
fiat service etc.

Heyup, I paid about £350 this year for service / cambelt change inc. all pulleys and tensioners then say £25 for fault fix on lamps so would £375 sound about right :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
major service up to £400, cambelt up to £250, lighting fault could take any amount of time say £100 in the UK
in France where they are not such ripoff merchants as some garages I have come across maybe £150 euros

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Heyup, I paid about £350 this year for service / cambelt change inc. all pulleys and tensioners then say £25 for fault fix on lamps so would £375 sound about right :thumb:

Mike are you sitting down:Eeek:.......
1,193.83 euros:cry::cry:

He is a local fiat agent....(not a large garage just does service and repairs a small show room with one of the new retro fiat 500 for sale`) his entrance is high so he can service motorhomes but does not sell them...

The man should wear a black mask and ride a black Horse......Bl88dy heck even dick would not charge that much
Mel

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
gee whiz !

He is a local fiat agent....(not a large garage just does service and repairs a small show room with one of the new retro fiat 500 for sale`) his entrance is high so he can service motorhomes but does not sell them...

The man should wear a black mask and ride a black Horse......Bl88dy heck even dick would not charge that much
Mel

He is a Mafioso Mechanic, he obviously has a captive audience, mon dieu :whatthe:

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
ouch, perhaps he still thinks in francs? Bit of an aside from this thread - I've got a Ducato 2.8 - been told I need cambelt change by 30k miles, is this correct? Any advice guys? (Apart from "avoid Monsieur Ripov") Thanx in advance...

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
No he's not.....he's just taking the pi$$ :Eeek:

John... I felt very sorry for my friend.... YES I do think the Fiat agent was taking the pi**... I may have to go to him for my service:Eeek: as I did last year:cry:.. he is in the next village... Italian/French speaking,Greasy black hair, slick looking guy of about 35 to 40:Cool:.. The next Fiat agent is 50 kms away... I have been told "that Fiat garage" is also is in the family:Eeek::Doh::cry:.and if it wasn't ...it would be the same price as they all seem to charge the same:cry::cry:

The other option is come through the tunnel and have it done in the UK:winky:::bigsmile: even with the tunnel price......it must be cheaper

Mel

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Mel

Just as well you saved up when you were young Mel:winky::Doh:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why does it need to go to a main agent???. Any competent mechanic should be able to do a cambelt change. Its hardly rocket science.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Why does it need to go to a main agent???. Any competent mechanic should be able to do a cambelt change. Its hardly rocket science.

Snowbird...as it is brand new under warranty ..the main dealer may be the best option, (one that is not a robbing devil) :Doh:...AFTER the warranty ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: then any good garage will do... if they can get it in there garage...as many garages over here the doors, also when on the Hydraulic ramps the roof is not high enough....maybe one that does lorries :RollEyes::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back