Its the end of the world as we know it!!! (1 Viewer)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPZzWYkdS6Y[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'm gutted not only because they've split but because I saw them supporting U2! at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1985 I think it was, decided REM and the Ramones weren't really my 'thing' so went walkabouts until they'd finished. I'm taking myself off into a corner to administer a hefty kick to the shins :cry:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I'm gutted not only because they've split but because I saw them supporting U2! at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1985 I think it was, decided REM and the Ramones weren't really my 'thing' so went walkabouts until they'd finished. I'm taking myself off into a corner to administer a hefty kick to the shins :cry:

Had a similar one to that as did my Dad..

Mine,
I went to see James play at the MEN arena.
They were being backed by a then barely known group called Radiohead. They had just released their first single "creep" I liked it and wanted to leave the pub, but the guys I was with said Nah, lets just wait for James to start.....:Blush:

My Dad went to see some band play whom were being backed by an unknown band called "genesis" he thought they were crap :RollEyes:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Cripes...

With a thread title like that I thought Fray Bentos Pie production had ceased...:Eeek:

JJ :Cool:

Sorry JJ just had a thought, if you have no idea who REM are/were you would have no idea that the end of the world is not actually going to happen. May I please remind all funsters that the end of the world is not actually happening today :Blush: Please get off your ladies/men, and stop spending on your Credit cards, I will not be held responsible when you awake in the morning...

This is what I really mean :thumb:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UhvN0k74w[/ame]

And definitely my favourite

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-UzXIQ5vw&ob=av2e[/ame]

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Had a similar one to that as did my Dad..

Mine,
I went to see James play at the MEN arena.
They were being backed by a then barely known group called Radiohead. They had just released their first single "creep" I liked it and wanted to leave the pub, but the guys I was with said Nah, lets just wait for James to start.....:Blush:

My Dad went to see some band play whom were being backed by an unknown band called "genesis" he thought they were crap :RollEyes:

At least Radiohead are still going.

My parents saw the Beatles supporting someone (can't remember who) and thought they were rubbish. Must run in the family :Doh:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
But Paul... City smoothed their classy way into the fourth round last night so it is no where near the end of the world for us...

(Never got into REM)

JJ :Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A good band, but not great.. haven't done much of note for decades..

Dinna worry, they will be reforming soon to do a 'comeback' World tour, don't they all ? :RollEyes:

I saw The Beatles live.. Glasgow 1963 .. couldn't hear a word over the screaming.. sadly they never did reform when they had a chance .. :cry:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We were at the Mychoone festival a few weeks ago: Broken Link Removed

The best festival I've ever been to! :thumb:

Last year it was all local bands and tribute bands but this year there were bands like Reef! Republica! Dodgy! The Bluetones! The Cheeky Girls!

Ok, forget The Cheeky Girls, but we spent the whole weekend laughing.
The tribute bands are fantastically funny and when the former chart bands came onstage it was like watching your Dad and his mates reliving their youth.

It's already on the calendar for next year! ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
you joke about take that but Garry is a great songwritter and they have a fantastic live show

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back