Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
On our Kontiki 645, the Nodel Letronica 143-02 has packed up, I've tried all the fuses, they're all ok. I know it is the charger as it stinks of burnt insulation, now I've gone round sites on the internet and the cheapest I can find is £130 Link Removed, or £125 on ebay but a used one.
do anyone knows where I can either a new one for cheaper or is it possible to get it repaired and if so where. many thanks.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Ray..

That's not a bad price for a 15A four stage charger.. it's not worth getting it repaired, probably cost more.. as a matter of interest, what capacity is your battery(s) .. in AH ?

If you have more than 150ah you should consider a bigger charger.. rule of thumb, divide battery size, ampere hours by 10 .. = minimum rating of charger in Amps

Edit

I was wondering why it has burnt out, I just noticed it doesn't have a cooling fan ... is the space where it is mounted vented .. if so are the vents clear, can you think of any reason why it should overheat, have you increased the battery size ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Ray..

That's not a bad price for a 15A four stage charger.. it's not worth getting it repaired, probably cost more.. as a matter of interest, what capacity is your battery(s) .. in AH ?

If you have more than 150ah you should consider a bigger charger.. rule of thumb, divide battery size, ampere hours by 10 .. = minimum rating of charger in Amps

Edit

I was wondering why it has burnt out, I just noticed it doesn't have a cooling fan ... is the space where it is mounted vented .. if so are the vents clear, can you think of any reason why it should overheat, have you increased the battery size ?

Hi Jim
I got 2x110 ah batteries, its got plenty of space were it was sited to allow air flow, I put it down to wear and tear and age, nearly six years old, and we lived in it full time for three and a half years running both on KIPOR and ehu. Phoned Johnscross and they are sending out a replacement, a Sergeat charger its a replacement for Nordel as they seem to have problems with Nordel. Plus 5pc discount from Johncross, (thanks Peter)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Ray google 20 amp hour caravan battery chargers
loads inc Numax and ecosol 4 stage chargers for under £100 :thumb:(found one for 90 inc free delivery) plus a
Amperor Caravan Leisure Battery Charger 3 Stage 18 Amp for 75 and a 25 amp one for 85 inc p/p
Link Removed
Link Removed
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim
I got 2x110 ah batteries, its got plenty of space were it was sited to allow air flow, I put it down to wear and tear and age, nearly six years old, and we lived in it full time for three and a half years running both on KIPOR and ehu. Phoned Johnscross and they are sending out a replacement, a Sergeat charger its a replacement for Nordel as they seem to have problems with Nordel. Plus 5pc discount from Johncross, (thanks Peter)

Ok..

but with 220 ah battery bank a 25Amp charger would be advisable.. this may be the reason the old one burned out..

sealski

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW transporter conversion
Exp
4 years
If you are going to buy from caravan technology, purchase this instead as it is the same price and they supply wiring to change Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back