Free Member
Sep 11, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi there,
Yesterday our TomTom did not warn for speed cameras when we were making our way back to Calais. Unfortunately at a point in the road where we were concentrating on where to drive we did not see the on road warning for a speed camera or the change in speed limit and got flashed.
Has anyone else ever been caught by a speed camera in France?
Will the fine be sent to us? Are points added to your UK license?
Any information would be appreciated as we were not intentionally speeding and are concerned about the possible impact.
Many thanks!

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I was flashed in May, I Kept phoning home to see if any post, didn't get any post so assume everything ok, not heard anything. ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
With an avatar like that I am not surprised you got flashed:ROFLMAO::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dont worry for now, I was flashed twice from paris to calais and I got nothing, If the police are there and get you its very expensive, I belive is set to change so anybody speeding in any european country can still get the fine inforced, but for now carry on and dont worry:thumb:

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
I was flashed the other week too!! 47mph in a 45 mph limit so not much leeway there then.

In answer to your question though I was flashed twice in two days the other year (intemittent speedo fault) IE somedays it worked others it didn't but never heard anything fortunately.

There is talk of crossborder fines being applied, but I personally have not heard of anyone unfortunate to be chased for either fines or points on their licence.

Bon chance

Pete

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Presently, if you are in a non-French registered vehicle and get flashed by an automatic camera, nothing will happen.

If it is a camera manned by Gendarmes, they can make on the spot fine, as happened to a friend's daughter on holiday here.

There is talk of speed camera warning signs being removed-usually if you see a warning sign, the camera is within 500 metres., Also many of the cameras are house in towers at roadside and are not as obvious as the ones in UK

OP
OP
L

leepie

Free Member
Sep 11, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Thank you all for the information, it's been very helpful - fingers crossed we don't hear anything and hopefully the sat nav works properly next time.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I seem to recall that UK declined to sign up to the cross border points/speeding fines. Probably wrong as usual but I think it was to do with the fact that it was going to be really really hard, or something like that. Try this Link Removed which I got from MB club - it has been discussed a lot over there as many of them (rich sods) drive at stellar speeds.

Apart from the Daily mail it was the only link that I could find. If you're a UK driver of a foreign registered hire car, though, you'll get done..

Cuts both ways as Johnny foreigner can allegedly speed through our Gatsos over here with apparent impunity

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back