Hi to you all (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Hi, I have been reading your posts for a while now and must say what a great bunch you are.
Some of your posts have had tears running down my face, so thanks for that.
I have had a caravan for more than ten years now and have been to Europe with it.
With the hope of early retirement approaching ( don’t know if I can afford it and don’t care ) we are hoping to buy a motorhome to take advantage of Europe in a way you just can’t with a caravan.
We have been looking for a while to find the type we would like best abd I keep changing my mind from a Class A to a low profile.
Now here comes my first two questions!!!
We saw one today that my wife loved but its old with high mileage it, was at Gailey GoEuropean what do you think about them?
The motorhome is a 1998 year with 75000 klms on the clock and that a bit older and a bit to many miles for me I would have liked one a bit younger with less miles.
There is no record of if its been serviced and the dealer said if I pay the asking price he would give me six months warranty but this would not cover wear and tear, what does that mean and do you.
Looking forward to putting faces to the names at one of the meets once we get a motorhome.

Thanks for reading this John and Cheryl

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome to Fun now all you have to do is Link Removed to get all the advantages of Fun :thumb:

Wear and tear means excactly that, if it does not break you are not covered and it is worthless.

No service history at all ............. walk away.

Does it have a cambelt, when was it last changed, how old are the tyres?

How much is it?

Peter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John and Cheryl, welcome to the Fun :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi John n Cheryl
Take Peters advice and run dont walk :whatthe:. We are at Kingsbury Water park next week:thumb: so a bit close to your neck of the woods, what ever you buy enjoy. Peter :thumb::thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Whatdaya mean old!:Eeek: mine's 1998 and their is plenty of life in her yet:thumb:.
mind you with no history and highish miles I would walk away, there are plenty about that have been well looked after with low miles, so please take your time and if we can help in any way, just ask:thumb:

In the mean time :flyingwelcome::party2:

Tim

PS Besides I'm not sure if I could live with that name:roflmto::roflmto:

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The motorhome is a 1998 year with 75000 klms on the clock and that a bit older and a bit to many miles for me I would have liked one a bit younger with less miles.
There is no record of if its been serviced

Hi & welcome John & Cheryl

75,000kms is less than 47,000 miles - I wouldn't have said that was particularly high for a 13-year old van. It would be the service history (or lack of it) that really worried me...

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Welcome to MH Fun

Have to agree lack of service history would make me walk.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Hi John and Cheryl & welcome to MotorhomeFun :thumb:::bigsmile:

omg i can alter names in the first line.......he he ..I nicked it from another greetin that another funster made up.......im too lazy so i hacked it....

anyways where was I...

welcome to the madhouse.

Im not bright or experienced enuff to advise on m/homes so good luck wid picking one.

My own wish list was a big un so I could strech out but that meant I cudnt go down iccle country lanes but ya can drag a little car behind if ya wanna do that.
There are some really good sat navs about now which ya can programme the height width of ya vehicle into which will stop ya goin down dead ends or worse cornish fishin villages.....if ya decide to go for something big

OP
OP
John-Laika
Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Welcome to Fun now all you have to do is Link Removed to get all the advantages of Fun :thumb:

Wear and tear means excactly that, if it does not break you are not covered and it is worthless.

No service history at all ............. walk away.

Does it have a cambelt, when was it last changed, how old are the tyres?

How much is it?

Peter

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the advise I would have run away in the first minute but its the first layout both my wife and I loved. It is a Laika Ecovip 2.8 JTD so if you get one in Peter give us a call you are a long way away but happy to travel for the right motor home.
The problem is we only have a budget of around 20 thousand
By the way as I think I already have had my subscriptions worth laughing at all your post so even thought I only singed up yesterday I just paid my subs today.

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome cant help you with that model but i would assume for your budget of 20k you will have a good choice.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
O K Fellas!:thumb:

Group Hug for the Newbies!:hug::party2::party2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun