Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Can anyone help? I am selling my mh and have an interested buyer who is working offshore and wants to buy my mh through PayPal.

On several eBay lots is says no overseas buyers or they were relisted because of overseas buyers.

What is the scam and am I right in refusing to accept his offer to pay via PayPal?

Many thanks

Norman

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Sell a motorhome via paypal....no no no no no no!!!!

You will loose a fortune in charges and the buyer can sell paypal a line that results in you having the money taken back after you have given the vehicle to the new owner.

Take a £500 deposit by Paypal, the rest is to be paid into your account by CHAPS transfer or in cash (take the cash to the bank with the buyer and pay it into the account whilst they are present, the bank will check for forgeries if they know its coming!!) on the day he collects it.

Do not, I repeat, NOT hand over the vehicle until the funds are CLEARED in your account and all cash has been checked by the bank.

:thumb::thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Can anyone help? I am selling my mh and have an interested buyer who is working offshore and wants to buy my mh through PayPal.

On several eBay lots is says no overseas buyers or they were relisted because of overseas buyers.

What is the scam and am I right in refusing to accept his offer to pay via PayPal?

Many thanks

Norman
Hi Norman
I have just sold my trailer on ebay, to a man from Scotland, who is working offshore ,I have ask for and recieved the full purchase price by cheque and the trailer will be picked up after clearance, as dazzer said paypal will cost you a fortune and still can go wrong. Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As above...never take the full price through paypal,it will cost YOU dearly.
As regarding selling offshore or buying offshore, no problem as long as you take a deposit within 2 hours of sale end then cash on collection. Have both bought and sold outside the UK without one hitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back