Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
You'll have to excuse my female interpretation of this but the lead that goes from the vans fag lighter to my sat nav - is there an adaptor that would allow me to use 2 gadgets off the same lead? I only ask as I'm thinking of getting one of those 'things' that will allow me to listen to digital radio through the vans stereo ( I have a serious Planet Rock addiction) but as we're always on the road I need the sat nav plugged in at the same time :thanks:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Cigarette lighter multi-sockets are widely available. Just make sure that the total current demand of the devices in use doesn't exceed the dash socket rating.

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
We use a Pure Highway in our van just for Planet Rock:thumb: & I added an extra cig socket in the glovebox so it can be used out of sight, as we never retune to any other station!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
We use a Pure Highway in our van just for Planet Rock:thumb: & I added an extra cig socket in the glovebox so it can be used out of sight, as we never retune to any other station!

Is that a simple job to do? I can't stand having to listen to Radio 2 on the move - it's doing my head in :cry:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Cigarette lighter multi-sockets are widely available. Just make sure that the total current demand of the devices in use doesn't exceed the dash socket rating.

Daft girly question but how do I know what the dash socket rating is etc ?

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
planet rock on all day in this house,and bloomberg on the telly, today showing alot of green,Bliss:thumb:

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Is that a simple job to do? I can't stand having to listen to Radio 2 on the move - it's doing my head in :cry:

Yes, not too hard, just take a Pos. & Neg. wire in parallel from the existing cig lighter, making sure the wire gauge is of the same amperage as the original CL & put them onto the same connectors as the original IE.- pos to pos, neg to neg.

Should be OK as the DAB adaptor hardly draws any current.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
planet rock on all day in this house,and bloomberg on the telly, today showing alot of green,Bliss:thumb:

What's telly? Not watched it in over 12 months and even considered flogging my sat dish cos I can't be arsed with all the faff :Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Find one in Halfrauds .. looks similar like this

Dual Car Cigarette Socket DC Adaptor
Broken Link Removed

also come in 3 and 4 way outlets.. and don't worry about the load.. your sat nav and a DAB digi adaptor draw next to nothing , besides, the adaptors are fused so you won't damage anything ,..

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
What's telly? Not watched it in over 12 months and even considered flogging my sat dish cos I can't be arsed with all the faff :Blush:
WHAT!! no corry,no shoutenders,no emersnale:Eeek:no xfactor,no celebcaty,:Eeek: :ROFLMAO:
i get your point though:thumb:
should only be footy,rugby,and f1,on the telly:thumb:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Find one in Halfrauds .. looks similar like this

Dual Car Cigarette Socket DC Adaptor
Broken Link Removed

also come in 3 and 4 way outlets.. and don't worry about the load.. your sat nav and a DAB digi adaptor draw next to nothing , besides, the adaptors are fused so you won't damage anything ,..

Halfrauds I love it :ROFLMAO: Excellent now I can get lost thanks to stupid Sat Nav but not give a damn cos I have decent radio to keep me calm :thumb:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
WHAT!! no corry,no shoutenders,no emersnale:Eeek:no xfactor,no celebcaty,:Eeek: :ROFLMAO:
i get your point though:thumb:
should only be footy,rugby,and f1,on the telly:thumb:

No to all of the above and it's bliss. F1 was a bit hard to let go but doesn't hold the same charm for me now that Raikkonens not racing. I've watched stuff on iplayer a handful of times which says it all really :shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back