How do I know if I'm an Al-Ko...... (1 Viewer)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Apart from that I'm drinking one too many every day, how do I tell if i've got an Al-Ko on my hands.

Apart from the greasing and maintenance issues etc which the Al-Ko needs, I'm also considering fitting a rear rack for a scooter.

I had a look under the van (2009 Homecar A581), it all seems a very light grey colour and in good clean nick as you would hope for 2 years.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated... Cheers...:thumb:

Callum

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
If you can see a pair of cart springs either side when you peer underneath it's not an Al-Ko.

Be happy if you have, as the ride, handling and (generally) payload are noticeably better than the standard chassis.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Your Alko chassis is easily identified, It will be galvenised steel and lightwieght by virtue of factory pressed holes down both rails, akin to modern Brian James car trailers, joining the original chassis just behind the cab area.
If you are still under any form of warranty beware Alko do not like their chassis being drilled by third parties and will most likely void any warranty if it is
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Apart from that I'm drinking one too many every day, how do I tell if i've got an Al-Ko on my hands.

Apart from the greasing and maintenance issues etc which the Al-Ko needs, I'm also considering fitting a rear rack for a scooter.

I had a look under the van (2009 Homecar A581), it all seems a very light grey colour and in good clean nick as you would hope for 2 years.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated... Cheers...:thumb:

Callum

A Home Car A581 is on a standard chassis, not Al-Ko

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
A Home Car A581 is on a standard chassis, not Al-Ko

Cheers Squire.....:thumb:

Can I ask how you knew or found that out?

It's quite hard sometimes finding info on my van. The original manual to say the least is pretty basic.....:cry:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Cheers Squire.....:thumb:

Can I ask how you knew or found that out?

It's quite hard sometimes finding info on my van. The original manual to say the least is pretty basic.....:cry:

I happen to know someone who worked for Homecar and I asked them ... better than Google eh? Simples :winky:

I don't know if you know or not, but your Home Car is essentially a Lunar Champ.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back