Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just purchased on the internet a Camos Flat Sat @ £348.99. I think that is a petty good deal?
£51.00 cheaper than most places.
I am sure someone will come back and tell me where there is a cheaper one!:thumb:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Looks a pretty good deal to me. Are you going to share with us where you found it?
Steve

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Was it here?

Link Removed

and did you get the single LNB or twin LNB? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
is it the camos sat or the camos sat plus that you have got, that is a good price have been looking at the camos sat plus with which you can supposedly get the astra 2 signal down on the med but that was over 500 pounds. I like the idea of the low profile and no arm with lnb to go wrong

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yeah, decent price. I'm thinking of getting one,

just very very nervous at the though of fitting it myself..... drilling holes in the roof and all that:Eeek:

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
is it the camos sat or the camos sat plus that you have got, that is a good price have been looking at the camos sat plus with which you can supposedly get the astra 2 signal down on the med but that was over 500 pounds. I like the idea of the low profile and no arm with lnb to go wrong

Have a look at campervanstuff, £484.00:thumb:

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yeah, decent price. I'm thinking of getting one,

just very very nervous at the though of fitting it myself..... drilling holes in the roof and all that:Eeek:
Me to go again to campervanstuff ,as well as the standard instructions, there is at the bottom of the camos listing there is a full install guide, gave me the confidence to bang a 38mm
hole thro' the roof:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Me to go again to campervanstuff ,as well as the standard instructions, there is at the bottom of the camos listing there is a full install guide, gave me the confidence to bang a 38mm
hole thro' the roof:thumb:

I looked at that along with these instructions.

Link Removed

I'm still nervous about the hole for the cable never mind the 38mm hole for the dish.........:Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I looked at that along with these instructions.

Link Removed

I'm still nervous about the hole for the cable never mind the 38mm hole for the dish.........:Eeek::Eeek:

The cable can be set to the side of the dish,although the instructions show it to the front. So
I was going to drop mine through onto the wall cabinets and cable it to the TV point.Hopefully
I can fix this by accessing through the roof vent. Any way hope to fix it when it arrives next week, will keep you posted:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The cable can be set to the side of the dish,although the instructions show it to the front. So
I was going to drop mine through onto the wall cabinets and cable it to the TV point.Hopefully
I can fix this by accessing through the roof vent. Any way hope to fix it when it arrives next week, will keep you posted:thumb:

Did you manage to install the dish without any problems?, :thumb:

and if so how is it working, signal strength, is it effected by the wind, etc.....

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Hi Chatter
Where about's on the med do you mean, I go to Spain around La Manga and Valencia areas. Pete:Smile:

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Did you manage to install the dish without any problems?, :thumb:

and if so how is it working, signal strength, is it effected by the wind, etc.....

Yes ,Quite easy.once you have got the nerve to start drilling! Fed the cable to the side straight to the inside of the wall cupboard so all cables are out of sight. Does it work well? Yes sat here in Skegness at the moment 80% signal 70% quality. Setting up is a little frustrating the first time (trees) but got it down to about a minute now. Going back to fitting ,you may have to cut the elevation handle a bit shorter depending on the thickness of the roof (this is not shown on the instructions) Only downside I have found is trees, been to 2 sites last week and could not get a thing without moving the van I now find looking at dishpointer.com helps me find a good pitch before arriving on site:thumb::thumb::thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
if you don't want to fit yourself on the roadpro web site they have approved installers in your area ,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back