tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I know some asked how to solve this a while back but I cant find the thread, Its probably already been said, But anyway.........
Had very slow kitchen sink drains and very slow shower drains, Bathroom sink OK, I assumed that it was all somehow related so put up with it for a while, Then my Kitchen sink became almost stopped, I tried all sorts of drain cleaning stuff but nothing happened, I was even thinking of caustic soda but was unsure if this would cause any damage, So I wander into Aldi and they have Jays fluid on offer, £1.70ish, might as well try it, after pouring it slowly down the hole, rinsing with hot water it moves quicker, same again but left for 30mins as per the instructions and bingo, all drains working perfectly and just for a bonus, that 'smell as gone', so if your drains aren't as good as they should be or you get the occasional whiff get some Jays :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Glad you got the problem sorted but I would use Jeyes Fluid (something we always have for use at home) with care in the van. As pointed out on the
3. Jeyes Fluid may stain or [HI]soften some plastics [/HI]or discolour brick or paintwork.

4. Do not exceed recommended concentrations.

5. Not for indoor use.
amongst other things.

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Jeyes Fluid OR Jeyes Fluid DRAIN CLEANER!

I know some asked how to solve this a while back but I cant find the thread, Its probably already been said, But anyway.........
Had very slow kitchen sink drains and very slow shower drains, Bathroom sink OK, I assumed that it was all somehow related so put up with it for a while, Then my Kitchen sink became almost stopped, I tried all sorts of drain cleaning stuff but nothing happened, I was even thinking of caustic soda but was unsure if this would cause any damage, So I wander into Aldi and they have Jays fluid on offer, £1.70ish, might as well try it, after pouring it slowly down the hole, rinsing with hot water it moves quicker, same again but left for 30mins as per the instructions and bingo, all drains working perfectly and just for a bonus, that 'smell as gone', so if your drains aren't as good as they should be or you get the occasional whiff get some Jays :thumb:

I understand there may be two products. Jeyes Fluid OR Jeyes Fluid DRAIN CLEANER!
Check this out.
Regards Brian

From Sunny Macclesfield.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I understand there may be two products. Jeyes Fluid OR Jeyes Fluid DRAIN CLEANER!
Check this out.
Regards Brian

From Sunny Macclesfield.
It was drain fluid, can't see any damage, Also doesn't say my soften plastics on the bottle witch is a bit naughty,
The motorhome smells lovely though:Eeek:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Nasty Niffs in New Loo!

I wasn't sure about asking this question:Blush: however, the other half has said "go on"! Our van is barely 6 months old and we have only been away in it for 2 weeks in total this year so far. Due to the fact that someone reversed into our side recently, however, despite the cassette toilet thingy being emptied by husband and very well cleaned by myself::bigsmile:, we are still getting a slight "whiff" from the loo................
Hubby thinks it might be new plastic, but I'm not so sure........:Blush: anyway, I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem with theirs.
It has been emptied, rinsed and the toilet chemicals added about 6 times over the times we have used it. It's only fair that it's hubby's job to clean the cassette out, as I do everything else:thumb:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I wasn't sure about asking this question:Blush: however, the other half has said "go on"! Our van is barely 6 months old and we have only been away in it for 2 weeks in total this year so far. Due to the fact that someone reversed into our side recently, however, despite the cassette toilet thingy being emptied by husband and very well cleaned by myself::bigsmile:, we are still getting a slight "whiff" from the loo................
Hubby thinks it might be new plastic, but I'm not so sure........:Blush: anyway, I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem with theirs.
It has been emptied, rinsed and the toilet chemicals added about 6 times over the times we have used it. It's only fair that it's hubby's job to clean the cassette out, as I do everything else:thumb:

How do you work that one out? lol:ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Nasty Niffs in New Loo!

Hi NormanandSue!
Well, it seems fair that as hubby's in charge of the septic tank at home, then he is more than qualified to sort out the small cassette in the van! I always see the men taking the cassettes to be emptied when we've been away, never the women:roflmto:

This could start a riot couldn't it?:Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

I'm never sure that the flush cleans the bowl particularly well so, in addition to cleaning of the cassette, we clean the bowl etc with toilet wipes from time to time.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you will probably find the smell is from the sink and shower drain as motorhome do not have the benefit of water traps to stop it. clean the grey tank and when travelling with a recently emptied tank put sink,and shower drain plugs in.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi NormanandSue!
Well, it seems fair that as hubby's in charge of the septic tank at home, then he is more than qualified to sort out the small cassette in the van! I always see the men taking the cassettes to be emptied when we've been away, never the women:roflmto:

This could start a riot couldn't it?:Cool:

Sue went away with the grandkids in the motorhome last week so she had to empty the cassette - no one else to do it.
You are quite right she does everything else except cleaning out the Motorhome, fill up the water, make up the bed, take down the bed, wash up, make breakfast, wash the motorhome, empty the grey tank.................... oh and I nearly forgot she drives the motorhome as well.
She is a believer in job sharing.........
Norman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back