Ban in New Zealand as well as San Diego (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
At least the quote
"It's about freedom, of course, you can do whatever you want whenever you want," said [HI]French[/HI] tourist Camille Esmieu.
shows it isn't just some British people who have that selfish attitude.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
An earlier news report

Reader comments .. sound familiar ?

justice #2 06:10 pm Aug 19 2011

Miccio: "It's a good thing and welcomed by the council, it gives us the ability to move people on."

Yes Aldo, much like at election time eh!

We already had plenty of laws that forbid illegal camping, littering and loitering. Now you jumped up pen pushes are punishing the locals with your ridiculous laws based entirely on myths! How many people have been caught dumping campervan sewage in the past 5 years? That's right, NONE! because most don't do it at all and the ones that do are smart enough to never have it witnessed. So your new laws are worthless
Tom C #1 02:59 pm Aug 19 2011

Already the Mayor is trumpeting this as a means to move on campers who are just camping without being "dirty" from anywhere in the Nelson region. However this law was specifically designed to "stop irresponsible campers ruining areas with human waste and rubbish". Conservation Minister Kate Wilkinson has said "The presumption under the law was that people could camp, unless a location was specifically restricted.

Councils could not issue blanket bans across their districts" Seems the NCC is pushing this grey area as far as they can. I was told to move on from an area with good toilets, where no-one complained, and where I actually often cleaned up rubbish left by general public who were not freedom camping. Approacing a NCC councillor about this he said "I know you're one of the good ones, but nothing can be done because one law must fit all" Im glad I dont pay rates to these rednecks.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Same as here except they have an act to cover Freedom Camping I'd like to see what that entails. Also it is 'policed' something we don't have here.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Same as here except they have an act to cover Freedom Camping I'd like to see what that entails. Also it is 'policed' something we don't have here.

We don't need Freedom Camping legislation here. National parking legislation and local TROs cover on-road camping and the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 covers off-road camping (i.e. caravan sites).

As to "policing", enforcement differs between areas, usually depending on the perceived nuisance caused by unlicensed caravan sites.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's not a new thing, in the late seventys, in the Bay of Plenty, Johnny Law were moving people on. To escape this the Wild campers were drivng into the bush and parking up. These were the Hippie Types living year round in old Railways Buses, some of them were two stories!

Lately of course there have been serial abuses of the enviroment by "foriegn" M/hs. People that have hired a M/H driven it for three four weeks or so then flown home to where ever, "Not my country why should I give a damn, I'm out of here on - - - - "

BUT! before some of you get on your high horses! It's the few:Angry: as in this country, that get the rest tarred with the same brush! and no matter how much you cry "foul" there is always some uncaring selfish people, that spoil it for the rest!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back