Ideas for October Half term (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Hi guys, hoping that some of you will be able to help Glyn and I come up with some suggestions of where to go for a few days during the October half term.

My parents are coming with us and we would appreciate some ideas. Mam is off her head and dad is quiet and loves a pint or 12!

We are travelling up to the tunnel on the Monday night of half term and taking the tunnel early morning about 8ish on the Tuesday.

We will then have the Tuesday we arrive, Wednesday, Thursday full days but will be travelling back to Calais on the Friday to stay overnight for our crossing on the Saturday.

It is only a quick hop hover so don't wanna go too far. Mam and dad both have work etc so this is the time frame we have. Last Octuber we went up to Wassenaar in Holland, and went to Amsterdam for the day on the train etc. Bit of a trek but was worth it.

Our two beautiful Bassets will not be with us.

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Cheers Lee::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Lee

Dont know if you have been before but Brugge would be perfect not to far a drive and lovely city. Also there is an Aire with ehu about 1/2m from centre right next to canal with loads of boats.

Gerry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I can second that--Bruges is beautiful. seem to remember midges near the canals tho--but I'd guess not so many October.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Luxembourg is a real fine City,,, incidently

My parents are coming with us and we would appreciate some ideas. Mam is off her head and dad is quiet and loves a pint or 12!

Are we brothers? :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Luxembourg is a real fine City,,, incidently

Are we brothers? :ROFLMAO:

I want to go here - any ideas

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we stayed at a site just outside the city. Public transport is excellent, there is a great tourist train ride which is very educational too. fantastic buildings and a very nice safe city.

PM red sonja, she has been recently and stayed at a nice site.:thumb:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We stayed at Camping Bon Accueil. Bus goes from outside the site to the City of Luxembourg. Its in the Asci book 11 Euros a night. Lovely site.

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back