San Diego wants nuisance RVs to 'hit the road' (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Watch the News Video..

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - Councilmember Kevin Faulconer is working to create a new city ordinance that will address some public safety concerns.

The ordinance is based on concerns about people illegally camping in vehicles in residential neighborhoods. It will apply to oversized vehicles, including RVs and trailers.

The pilot program would start in the beach and bay communities west of I-5, which has the worst problems will illegally parked oversized vehicles. Eventually, it would expand citywide.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Wild camping a problem over there as well as here. Had to happen as some always want something for nothing :Sad:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Wild camping a problem over there as well as here. Had to happen as some always want something for nothing :Sad:

from what I've read there are thousands in the US living full time in RVs ... and not by choice, .... so I'm not surprised .. many not even road worthy, it is a growing problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Many cannot afford bricks and mortar , same over here they live on caravan sites and in canal boats etc

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
burning fossil fuels isnot green and considered by some as anti social.
Not burning fossel fuels i.e. remain parked is considered anti social
just where does that leave us.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
San Diego has fairly small roads

Compared with many places San Diego 's roads are not that large, excepting the main highways. The residential areas are not as open as some areas of the USA. The beach areas are abused by RV's that will not park in RV parks.

There are many RV's in the USA.. and as stated are used as homes .. common are trailer parks. We often came across RV's on the side of the road in the greater San Dieago area when we were there.

San Dieago is a great city and the gas lamp district is very pleasant as are the areas around the bay and out away.. while I do love RV's owning one, I do think the closeness to the US /Mexico board draws more RV's in to the area than say LA.

Shame they have to think about taking these steps.

By the way a city well worth a visit to if you are on the West coast.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back