Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I have my motorhome and car insured by Saga when i bought my motorhome Saga mirrored my NCD onto my motorhome policy.

I have just received my car insurance renewal and the price has gone up over £100 i have been on line and got a far cheaper insurance quote from LV in there conditions it says my NCD cannot be used on any other vehicle.

My question is if i cancel my Saga car insurance how does this affect my NCD on my motorhome or will this be honoured untill the end of the policy and if i took a new car insurance policy out with LV does this mean LV will not insure my car because my NCD is mirrored on my motorhome..... (confused).

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Insure one vehicle in your wife's name with you as named driver. I'm assuming you're married and she has NCB.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Insure one vehicle in your wife's name with you as named driver. I'm assuming you're married and she has NCB.

Hi Frank
She has always been a named driver on my insurance so not sure if she is entitled to any NCD i will have to check

billy

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
I have my motorhome and car insured by Saga when i bought my motorhome Saga mirrored my NCD onto my motorhome policy.

I have just received my car insurance renewal and the price has gone up over £100 i have been on line and got a far cheaper insurance quote from LV in there conditions it says my NCD cannot be used on any other vehicle.

My question is if i cancel my Saga car insurance how does this affect my NCD on my motorhome or will this be honoured untill the end of the policy and if i took a new car insurance policy out with LV does this mean LV will not insure my car because my NCD is mirrored on my motorhome..... (confused).

Why don't you ask your insurer ? :RollEyes:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Billy, I do not know what NCD is but Saga will charge you to cancel the policy.

Having said that, can I suggest that you never stay with the same insurance company from year to year.

First check at least 3 other companies first before you renew.

It is a general ploy of insurance companies to...

1/ Offer a discount to new customers and

2/ To charge the customer who returns for a second year a little more that inflation.

Doug...

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Why don't you ask your insurer ? :RollEyes:

I will do tomorrow they were closed by the time i got home from work just got a answer machine with their opening hours.

I thought someone on here might know

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Hi Frank
She has always been a named driver on my insurance so not sure if she is entitled to any NCD i will have to check

billy

Most insurers ask the question "have you had any claims in the last 5 years" to which you (she) may honestly answer no if that is the case. They then give you discount.:Smile:

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Billy, I do not know what NCD is but Saga will charge you to cancel the policy.

Having said that, can I suggest that you never stay with the same insurance company from year to year.

First check at least 3 other companies first before you renew.

It is a general ploy of insurance companies to...

1/ Offer a discount to new customers and

2/ To charge the customer who returns for a second year a little more that inflation.

Doug...

NCD = no claims discount :thumb:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Saga

We are insured with Saga, I have saved £80 this year by changing the Insurance from my name to my Husbands as he gets a 10% New customer discount.
How crazy is that.It shows that you must always shop around for your renewal.
Sue
:whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back