Pooley Bridge Inn - No more overnighting. (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

Having tried to arrange a stopover at The Pooley Bridge Inn, (popular with MH'ers), I was informed that this facility is no longer available, under the new management. :Sad:

I wonder why?

Regards,

Jock.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Having never stayed there i dont know.
Yet when we were at Pooley Bridge last week we paid £3 to park around the back in a big field owned by the place next door , the other side of the carpark.
Is that where the rallies are held , or in the pub carpark ? Maybe its something to do with that.

I was surprised to see so many cars ( and the odd motorhomes ) driving around trying to find a free place at the side of the road to park in such a small village , when for £3 you could park all day , with plenty of room .
Every inch was taken both sides of the road and this was mid week.
Where the yellow lines were , all the disabled parkers were lined up.
It was a lovely sunny day so it wasnt down to the grass being boggy or anything too.

Could be down to complaints from the local residents?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jock..

perhaps they have been told by the council it's not legal without an exemption certificate and can't be bothered applying.. someone has complained, or they just don't want motorhomes filling the car park.. all guess work.. only way to find out would be to ask.. but I guess you did that..

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi all,

Having tried to arrange a stopover at The Pooley Bridge Inn, (popular with MH'ers), I was informed that this facility is no longer available, under the new management. :Sad:

I wonder why?

Regards,

Jock.

Jock, there is another pub close by that also is recommended by Barryrd for MH parking, The Sun Inn.

I also think that in July & August when 'The Lakes' are packed they could not want us.
Wait until the winter, when they have less customers, & maybe there could be a change of mind.

I have updated my map of pubs to show your comments.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don't know the reason in this particular case but CC + C&CC magazines often give reasons for CLs/CSs being deleted as change of ownership. Different owners, different business model perhaps?

Was it a CL/CS? If not perhaps Jim is right that they just didn't want to break the law.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Someone told them you were coming Jock? :ROFLMAO:
Yes Jim, Me. :Doh: I phoned them yesterday. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If there is a Fun stopover database Jim, could you amend it please. More info below.

As far as I know, they weren't a listed CL/CS, but were known in the MH'ing fraternity as a MH stopover. New management obviously decided against maintaining the facility, as it was put to me on the phone. No reason given........and silly me, I never asked. :Sad:

I also tried to book in with the Willow Tree Inn at Leeming Bar, N Yorks, (Theakstons) but they are no longer a CC CL.

The Black Bull at Moulton, N Yorks, (also Theakstons), frowned upon the odd MH overnighting in the car park, (even if booked in for dining), on the basis that the neighbours complain to the brewery, (snotty nosed bunch, with which the bar staff all agreed. :roflmto:). Instead, we are on a CC CL about 200yds away.

Keith, thanks for updating your maps. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The Black Bull at Moulton, N Yorks, (also Theakstons), frowned upon the odd MH overnighting in the car park, (even if booked in for dining), on the basis that the neighbours complain to the brewery, (snotty nosed bunch, with which the bar staff all agreed. :roflmto:). Instead, we are on a CC CL about 200yds away.

I would guess that they get more income from the locals (snotty nosed or not :Smile:) than occasional MH users so makes business sense to keep in with them :Smile:

I would also think that the CL owners might not be all that pleased, having gone to the trouble of putting in facilities :Smile:

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I would guess that they get more income from the locals (snotty nosed or not :Smile:) than occasional MH users so makes business sense to keep in with them :Smile:

I would also think that the CL owners might not be all that pleased, having gone to the trouble of putting in facilities :Smile:
As always, ever the diplomat Graham. :winky:

Regards,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back