cogan tv ,,, post on their page ?? (1 Viewer)

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
John Buatti
Hi I have purchased a kogan tv 26" last wednsday 17th August, order Number: 4FU95 and to this day 23rd of Tusday I still haven't received it. I has been 6 days now!
The tracking number says it was dispatched but no other info, and the online help told me that it was dispatched on thursday and to ring "Toll Ipec", in short they did not help me at all in knowing the whereabouts of the TV. They claim 1 to 3 days delivery and good service. I would stay away from companies like this one.
Will not buy from them again!

this was posted on the f/b page,,, on of many beware???:Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Didn't you have a pop at them a few weeks ago, warning us off ?

Just when I posted that I bought off Kogan and received a brilliant 19" TV with DVD more or less next day ( give or take the weekend ).

It's quite normal for companies to give a tracking number and let the customer track it, usually on line. I've watched parcels crossing the country and been amazed how these people manage it in such a short time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
i loged in to site after bying a 40 inch tv from them as it did not arrive after two weeks bri and found it abismall as ,just you try to contact them any way you try you dont get any where ??? no help what so ever if you f/b them add to the list and see the complaints ?? the tv turned up after paying express delivery [extra 20 squid ] 4 weeks later, damaged badly still trying to get a replacementb but they are saying they need another £50 .Trading sandards are on to it but dont hold much hope because they trade outside the uk and quote << they hide outside so they dont have to abide by uk law,,,>>cogan even stopped the person they employed in the uk ansering the emails as it was legaly binding as emails were from uk ,, would you buy from them again knowing this,i think you have been very lucky in your purchase... wat anoys me is the tv is for a childrens home,so i have just payed currys for the same thing again,and still waiting for cogan to even do anything so in good faith i posted a reply to you to stay away and not get ripped of but as i said you have been very lucky ???:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
as i said you have been very lucky ???:thumb:

Or you have been very unlucky.

I can sympathise with you. We live in a "box shifter's" society, we demand cheap and cheap means no personnel, just computers. When it works it's a treat, when it fails it all goes tits up. Being in Oz just adds another layer of difficulty if it goes wrong but you'll find people in the UK having just as much trouble.

Was it a CC purchase ? Can they help ?

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
John Buatti
Hi I have purchased a kogan tv 26" last wednsday 17th August, order Number: 4FU95 and to this day 23rd of Tusday I still haven't received it. I has been 6 days now!
The tracking number says it was dispatched but no other info, and the online help told me that it was dispatched on thursday and to ring "Toll Ipec", in short they did not help me at all in knowing the whereabouts of the TV. They claim 1 to 3 days delivery and good service. I would stay away from companies like this one.

yosser orderd one for me....2 weeks ago...still havent got it, so cancellede the order.
i reckon once yr funds have cleared wiv them,by the credit card co, thats the end of it, not a lot yoo can do as there is nobody to contact,:Sad:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
John Buatti

i ordered one did not come i emailed them and got a full refund back

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
yosser orderd one for me....2 weeks ago...still havent got it, so cancellede the order.
i reckon once yr funds have cleared wiv them,by the credit card co, thats the end of it, not a lot yoo can do as there is nobody to contact,:Sad:

as you see from others no one to get complaint to ??? web site just sends you round n round n round if you do find contact email o one replys,, t/s got the same and the bank can only ask for money back as aus law is totaly diffrent to ours ,,basicly you got goods,ah dont work or damaged,,, oh well sue us,but under our law , oh problem no address,,,, cant sue a web page:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
as you see from others no one to get complaint to ??? web site just sends you round n round n round if you do find contact email o one replys,, t/s got the same and the bank can only ask for money back as aus law is totaly diffrent to ours ,,basicly you got goods,ah dont work or damaged,,, oh well sue us,but under our law , oh problem no address,,,, cant sue a web page:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

I went on there home page where it says contact us i clicked it and went in to live chat

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
I went on there home page where it says contact us i clicked it and went in to live chat

mabe diffrent as goods i got were damaged [ screen smashed ] and when they opend the box it all fell out ,,big let down for the kids ,,,, and you only cancelled ?? :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
mabe diffrent as goods i got were damaged [ screen smashed ] and when they opend the box it all fell out ,,big let down for the kids ,,,, and you only cancelled ?? :thumb:

In dribs and drabs the full story comes out. Now it looks like someone signed for this then found it smashed after the driver had left. Now that's down to you, most firms will not do anything because you could have damaged it later.

I once returned a £4000 computer I had repaired to a firm via City Link ( I think ), they signed for it, then opened the box and it was well shattered. They never got a penny in compensation.

It seems to me Kogan have done no wrong.

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
no the tv was was un boxed in front of them before paper work done as per cogan small print and the councill policy is to inspect all courier items no matter what,,, because of things like this as it came a long way tiwan ,,the courier then refused to take it back as damaged, he then called his office and left so to recap,,, damaged tv:whatthe::whatthe: upset orphaned kids:cry::cry::Angry: and a company who want £ 50 to send it back and another £30 to send another ,also phoned CITY LINK and they tell me cogan dont pay for damage insurance when they send the goods as t/s asked them as well in case we could claim there ,by the way when you ordered you computer you were at fault as you would of seen it said you must inspect the goods on recipt befor the delivery driver left you :whatthe::whatthe: you got shares in cogan you are starting to defend them or is it me :Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Frankly, never heard of this company before reading the thread so have no axe to grind either way..

Googling Kogan has produced very little negative feedback .. some controversy with Currys and PC world about cables not being included with their sets.. see Wiki

On ebay feedback is 99.7% .. not bad for sales of over 6,500 items .. but that is Ausie sales .. not UK
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kogan_direct&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:3:au

I wish you a speedy and satisfactory resolution, I think you have been unlucky .. and thanks for posting..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
you got shares in cogan you are starting to defend them or is it me :Eeek:

I'm defending FUN.

You come in here slagging off Kogan. Slowly, bit by bit the story comes out and every time you feed a bit more information the picture changes.

So now your latest offer is: TV arrives. TV unpacked and it is broken. City Link now turn nasty. Kogan do not carry insurance.

You obviously have done no wrong.

Who the real bad guys are I'm not sure but type "city link problem" into google and you will get 405,000,000 hits in 0.15 secs.

More ! I've just done a return with Amazon, the return details said collect by City Link and a guy turns up with a Yodal shirt on, I wonder if City Link have been quietly changed and absorbed into DHL.

It's a real mess, good luck with it.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Didn't you have a pop at them a few weeks ago, warning us off ?

Just when I posted that I bought off Kogan and received a brilliant 19" TV with DVD more or less next day ( give or take the weekend ).

It's quite normal for companies to give a tracking number and let the customer track it, usually on line. I've watched parcels crossing the country and been amazed how these people manage it in such a short time.

They advertise in stock dispatched in 24 hours put its not in stock its in a container some where at sea

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
well done yosser can i borrow it as it will have to big ,deep ,and wide, :ROFLMAO: i dont think i will be the only one digging it though ?? :ROFLMAO:

I'm defending FUN.

You come in here slagging off Kogan. Slowly, bit by bit the story comes out and every time you feed a bit more information the picture changes.
So now your latest offer is: TV arrives. TV unpacked and it is broken. City Link now turn nasty. Kogan do not carry insurance.

why you got to defend fun site,,,,,, were all big boys here and i did not say comment or do anything to upset this site ?? were just talking ,you seem to have an anapt attitude to read anything you want into things hilldweller as so many times you have just sat back and done to so many people ,take a hint and think on reflection victor you never seem to post to help others just make snyed comments or bias judgments on others,i would take a look your self long and hard?????????????????????

You obviously have done no wrong
yes ive done lots of things in my life wrong and wright but allways had the balls to admit them i allso will admit if im wrong and go out of my way to help.

yes its a mess but quote<<< but that is Ausie sales .. not UK>>> and there lies the problem 22 kids and careers opening a box with a new tv in it with the look of glee on the faces to find that its broken how did i feel SHIT big time ?? i did not buy it because i feel big to do it or for priase just to help or cheer them up is enought for me,but posting on here to help others is another form of help so to stop people loosing money that they cant afford ,like i said ,help others
i dont think that there is any company in the world that does not slip up at some time or another is there ??
and one last thing do me a favour<< if you want by all means read my post as im only trying to help others in any way i can like the others on here but then keep your comments to your self as i DONT WANT THEM as you take up to much time bickering an life is toooo short, :Eeek:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
well done yosser can i borrow it as it will have to big ,deep ,and wide, :ROFLMAO: i dont think i will be the only one digging it though ?? :ROFLMAO:

I'm defending FUN.

why you got to defend fun site,,,,,, were all big boys here and i did not say comment or do anything to upset this site ?? were just talking ,you seem to have an anapt attitude to read anything you want into things hilldweller as so many times you have just sat back and done to so many people ,take a hint and think on reflection victor you never seem to post to help others just make snyed comments or bias judgments on others,i would take a look your self long and hard?????????????????????

You obviously have done no wrong
yes ive done lots of things in my life wrong and wright but allways had the balls to admit them i allso will admit if im wrong and go out of my way to help.

yes its a mess but quote<<< but that is Ausie sales .. not UK>>> and there lies the problem 22 kids and careers opening a box with a new tv in it with the look of glee on the faces to find that its broken how did i feel SHIT big time ?? i did not buy it because i feel big to do it or for priase just to help or cheer them up is enought for me,but posting on here to help others is another form of help so to stop people loosing money that they cant afford ,like i said ,help others
i dont think that there is any company in the world that does not slip up at some time or another is there ??
and one last thing do me a favour<< if you want by all means read my post as im only trying to help others in any way i can like the others on here but then keep your comments to your self as i DONT WANT THEM as you take up to much time bickering an life is toooo short, :Eeek:

AM sure the head master will be a long soon un less some other f--ker comes a long to dig a bigger hole its nice to know its not me doing the digging this time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
you seem to have an anapt attitude to read anything you want into things hilldweller as so many times you have just sat back and done to so many people ,take a hint and think on reflection victor you never seem to post to help others just make snyed comments or bias judgments on others,i would take a look your self long and hard?????????????????????

I'm sorry I've wound you up this much, it was not intentional. You told your side of Kogan and I told mine. I was intending to be helpful, I was saying it's City Link that were the real villains, if the home did not accept delivery and they just did a runner that is totally unacceptable. I showed a line from Kogan's web site that says all deliveries are insured. I asked if you paid by CC because they may help. I said you had done no wrong.

I'll not say any more other than good luck getting your money back.

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
ok ok ,im sorry for what i said ,, i beg your forgiveness all of you :Sad::Sad:
i miss read the post but it looked like a dig sorry
i am so anoyed that i have payed for 2 tvs for these kids but i suppose that if the other one gets replaced they will have 2 for the home << i dont like calling it that its a respite place to give the kids a break from the parents and stupid buggers like me donate time to help :ROFLMAO: im sorry for going off on one :Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
ok ok ,im sorry for what i said ,, i beg your forgiveness all of you

Don't apologise to me. If I didn't make myself clear that's down to me.

I thought it was a good old rant. A lot of truth in it. I often jump in with a controversial comment when I think that there is an strong alternative view on a subject, just like you said, I read it one way, someone else meant it a bit different. It's the problem with text, sometimes it fails to get the right message across.

In this case it was not obvious at first just how badly you'd been let down otherwise I'd wouldn't have been so blunt.

Anyway, compared to FACTS it's nothing, we've no blood on the walls, the Police refused to turn up so let's get back to having FUN :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Nice one guys:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Why buy from these sites on ebay when its obvious they are thousands of miles away, a lot of them in the UK are refurbs or mail order returns, not brand new out of the box.

If it goes wrong you have no comeback at all. Buy from your local dealer, you can touch it, play with it, have it installed and if you have a problem you have a local dealer to sort it. Ok it might be a bit dearer but ............................

Just my two pennorth.

Peter

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why buy from these sites on ebay when its obvious they are thousands of miles away,
Peter

It's 2011 Peter. The net rules. It's convenient. It's 24/7.

I did not know Kogan was Australian when I bought. I would prefer a UK box shifter by choice.

I've bought loads of things off ebay from China. A lot of helicopter parts and apart from a couple of poor LiPos the quality, deliver, price is outstanding. Last month a 5W LED torch. Dangerously bright, magnificent ali body and £6 delivered.

But going to a dealer, means getting in a car, means finding parking. So last century.

And just to be last century I bought from PC World last week. I did notice they no longer have model name/numbers on computers, I guess so you don't look there and buy off a box shifter.

Box shifters in UK aren't necessarily perfect. I bought a Sony camera off a big name UK web site. It filled with dust. Box shifter said send to Sony. I did. Came back with a different fault. "Send to Sony". Came back really second hand and at that point I said "stuff Sony I want a refund or see you in court". I got a refund and bought a Panasonic off them, now happy bunny.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back