Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Is it possible to live on 100 euros a week, excluding fuel, per person in Spain?

If so what sort of stuff do you buy and what would your weekly menu consist of ?

:secret::help::thanks:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
100 euro is about £87.

Most people I know could easily live on that in the UK. Dont know about Spain, you could always buy the cheaper joints of meat, mince or such like,,,

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
€100 .. ? that would feed a family of four.. and then some.. buy local produce and stay away from the ex pats shops.. they rob you blind..

You will eat like a king, provided you don't buy FB pies .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you are using campsites your 100 euros should just about cover the cost of them now. Nothing left for the finer things in life like red wine.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Is it possible to live on 100 euros a week, excluding fuel, per person in Spain?

If so what sort of stuff do you buy and what would your weekly menu consist of ?

What is to be included in the €100 steve. If you include camp site fees it wont leave much for food & drink.
Also are you good at concocting something from nothing, I'm sure that's what the Spanish do seeing what is sold in the local shops. Lots of food is cheaper but very different to UK food.

As Jim says you keep away from UK style food. You may have to adapt your taste and forget things like Licolnshire sausages. :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I live on £50 a week for food and clothes (man at asda though):Smile::winky:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

For one person, easy, for 2 probably, but it would need care and as others have pointed out that would mean wild camping.

If you are thinking of trying it then could I recommend the Algarve, Portugal first, then Spain later when you have the hang of it.

There are even a few places on the Algarve where you officially park up with water and dump for as little as 2 Euro a night.

Doug...

PS, I am a bit puzzled, on looking at your profile you list your location as France and Portugal and you will have travel through Spain. Also you have been doing it for 8 years, surly you already know the answer to your own question?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
For one person, easy, for 2 probably, but it would need care and as others have pointed out that would mean wild camping.

If you are thinking of trying it then could I recommend the Algarve, Portugal first, then Spain later when you have the hang of it.

There are even a few places on the Algarve where you officially park up with water and dump for as little as 2 Euro a night.

Doug...

PS, I am a bit puzzled, on looking at your profile you list your location as France and Portugal and you will have travel through Spain. Also you have been doing it for 8 years, surly you already know the answer to your own question?

Indeed, I go away most years and combine campsites and wildcamping, This year I am off to Zahora, and other places until the end of June ! I just wanted to get a feel of what others are doing in case I have missed something !!! Stephen.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back