Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
I've been looking for a new tv for the MH and fancy an Avtex 18.5 " LCD TV/Combi but don't like the price! I have found a Cello tv that has all the same features and specifications but almost half the price. Does anyone know if they are any good or is it as they say"you get what you pay for"

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I've been looking for a new tv for the MH and fancy an Avtex 18.5 " LCD TV/Combi but don't like the price! I have found a Cello tv that has all the same features and specifications but almost half the price. Does anyone know if they are any good or is it as they say"you get what you pay for"

Don't know what you call expensive but Tesco Direct have some from 96 pounds. We bought one and so far so good.

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Don't know what you call expensive but Tesco Direct have some from 96 pounds. We bought one and so far so good.
Getting on to £400!
Is the one you got from Tesco 12volt too?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Getting on to £400!
Is the one you got from Tesco 12volt too?

No, I run mine from a small inverter, they are only 20W TV, clearly will be more if you use DVD.

You always seem to have to pay a lot more if you want 12V. :Sad:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We got a Akura from Amazon got the combi 22" but sure i did not pay more than 250.00 for it
12volt/240v dvd freeview etc... perfect

and I am a believer in you get what you pay for!

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We have an Avtex, paid £300 and some for it. It does work on 12 volt which is important. As with all TVs all you ask is that they work like they should. And this one does.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
We got a Akura from Amazon got the combi 22" but sure i did not pay more than 250.00 for it
12volt/240v dvd freeview etc... perfect

and I am a believer in you get what you pay for!

But not LCD as is the Avtex ......
As you say, you get what you pay for, so you didn't get LCD ... :RollEyes:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We have an Avtex 19" which was already fitted to the van. It's excellent....

However we also bought a 15.6" Akura LCD with DVD and freeview from Makro which the kids watch when on the road travelling. It cost £90 inc VAT. It runs on 12V only, so it came with a 240V transformer down to 12V. I just made up my own 12V direct lead with a fused cigarette lighter plug, and I fitted a 12V fused socket where I positioned it near the belted passenger seats.

The Akura is also good, the boys are very happy with it, but is not a patch on the Avtex when it comes to picture quality and particularly the viewing angles. The Avtex also transmits sound on FM so you can listen to it via the van stereo system, and it plays files direct from USB and will also record to USB, so you can also play from a portable hard drive through the USB if properly formatted.:thumb:

http://www.capitalstores.co.uk/avtex-w193d-19-hd-ready-12v-24v-lcd-tv-dvd-ac-dc-aqt

If I was looking for new TV however I would try one of the Kogan Australian LED ones recently mentioned in a thread on here. 19" for only £129 plus delivery, ultra thin screen, DVD and also built in recorder (PVR), 12V.....

Link Removed

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i have the cello 19"led tv with dvd and recorder features and it absolutely fantastic , you can view this tv at virtually any angle and still see the picture . i saw it at one of the motorhome shows been advertised for £239.99 and also in the cc magazine from the same company , a look on line and found a company call tv village with the same tv for £150 included post , i have run it on mains and straight from the battery with no voltage stabilizer and i its low on the amps it uses to,its 10x better than the akura led tv that it replaced hope this helps, its the cello chameleon that you require for led and not lcd

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back