Glad to be coming home (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Well nearly 5 weeks has passed and we are on our last leg of the Journey back to Calais. Amiens tomorrow for the vets then crossing back on Wednesday night. Looking forward to it now. ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Something a bit sad about that.

I'd prefer "oh damn, we've got return, we don't want to, this is too good to stop".

But the reality is I think we all feel that way. So do we try too hard ? Would a couple of weeks be better ?

Dunno.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Nice to hear from you hope you had a great time and have a safe trip home.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Something a bit sad about that.

I'd prefer "oh damn, we've got return, we don't want to, this is too good to stop".

But the reality is I think we all feel that way. So do we try too hard ? Would a couple of weeks be better ?

Dunno.

erm, weird isn't it.

When away for 3 weeks, I could not wait ot get back home to all the luxury of home. When away for 10 days, I wish I could of stayed forever. :Doh:

still, home is where the heart is, or is it where you park it?

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Yep, at Easter, we did not wanna come home. Now after all this time I am really ready. Have had fab time but just wanna be back to a routine. May seem a little sad but hey that is what it is. Maybe shorter times are better.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Two and a bit weeks is just enough for us...but that is down to our luck with the weather - last 2 times its being awfull most of the time away!!

WARNING - we are off again to france (or Italy, or Germany, or Croatia or......:Cool:)for the first two weeks of September - so anyone else going then, pack the wet and cold gear:roflmto:

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well nearly 5 weeks has passed and we are on our last leg of the Journey back to Calais. Amiens tomorrow for the vets then crossing back on Wednesday night. Looking forward to it now. ::bigsmile:

Same here, Been away in Spain for 5 weeks and looking forward to getting home, 3 days left and in the Tarn Gorge,France, loved every minute but 3 weeks would have been enough,looking forward most to the cooler weather, that said, 1 week after i'm home I'll be planning to do it all again:thumb::rain:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
erm, weird isn't it.

When away for 3 weeks, I could not wait ot get back home to all the luxury of home. When away for 10 days, I wish I could of stayed forever. :Doh:

still, home is where the heart is, or is it where you park it?

indeed.. can you imagine how it feels when full time for three years and you have no 'home' ?

that's the worst feeling ... I've tried to explain this before .. but it can't be explained, it has to be felt.. a campsite can never be home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
12.35 am and just got home safe and sound . Cheers guys ::bigsmile:

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We were away for 3 months in Greece , after 2 weeks at home and the British weather we can't wait to go back out there.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi welcome back. :thumb: We look at it two ways, in the Spring / Summer its max 10 weeks and towards the end of it you start thinking :Doh: how long is it going to take to sort the garden out, :Smile: and sure enough the hedges / grass and weeds grow faster when your not here to watch them. :cry:

In the winter nothing grows, ::bigsmile: so 3 months of thinking..........................No Snow to clear of the drive,and warmer than at home, :thumb: and there is nothing like sitting in the Lafuma with a beer in one hand and book in the other, watching the Spanish trimming the trees and keeping everything nice. :beer: Bob.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Its a good balance, looking forward to a holiday and then looking forward to returning home. A great holiday or a great home. Its a good problem to have ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Glad you are home safe and sound and ready to go back to work :roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We had nearly 3 weeks away and that was enough for me. Then when we got back my parents came in their van to Abbey Wood in london where we store our van. They were coming up to look after our daughter for 2 weeks and we thought it would be a good idea to pitch up there too. So its been just about 5 weeks in the van and I have had enough of it now.

We are both going to work and it seems strange getting changed into a suit in the van. Only 2 more days of it though and then back to normal:thumb:

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
We had nearly 3 weeks away and that was enough for me. Then when we got back my parents came in their van to Abbey Wood in london where we store our van. They were coming up to look after our daughter for 2 weeks and we thought it would be a good idea to pitch up there too. So its been just about 5 weeks in the van and I have had enough of it now.

We are both going to work and it seems strange getting changed into a suit in the van. Only 2 more days of it though and then back to normal:thumb:

I know exactly where u r coming from.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back