Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Having now stayed on several sites where my levelling blocks have proved to be pretty useless I've decided to splash out and get some better ones. I have the Fiamma Magnum ones ( I think) but could do with some that have a bit more height to them. I'm carrying several bits of decking around to boost these up but still not doing the job in places. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? :winky:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Having now stayed on several sites where my levelling blocks have proved to be pretty useless I've decided to splash out and get some better ones. I have the Fiamma Magnum ones ( I think) but could do with some that have a bit more height to them. I'm carrying several bits of decking around to boost these up but still not doing the job in places. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? :winky:

You must be staying on some lopsided plots then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The range is here, take your pick!

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/categories/Fiamma/Fiamma-Leveling-Solutions/

Peter

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Some woods good dor me,use existing ramps to drive up and onto them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Just spotted a van up from me using the Milenco ones. I seem to end up on C&CC sites that are badly sloping - this being my 2nd. The one in Sevenoaks had racks of wooden blocks that someone had made which was a help but nothing like that here, just a Jobsworth assistant warden :Angry:

rickyd

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just bought our first motorhome. Dec 2010
we use Millenco quattro - never been let down yet :thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I use the Milenco Triple blocks - the Quattros were too big to fit in the locker where I wanted to store them. The Triples are also quite a bit cheaper than the Quattros, and have been fine for use with The Beastie (more substantial than the Fiamma version).

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I use the Milenco Triple blocks - the Quattros were too big to fit in the locker where I wanted to store them. The Triples are also quite a bit cheaper than the Quattros, and have been fine for use with The Beastie (more substantial than the Fiamma version).

Mine just get shoved in the van inbetween stops so shouldn't be a problem. My Fiamma ones are looking a bit bent after 12 months constant use

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We broke our fiamma blocks within the first 2 weeks of using them but didn't want to pay the money to buy some new ones after such a short time but had to buy the bullet her at malvern and we bought some milenco blocks, which are £33 and they are recommended

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I bought a set of Milenco's off Janine at the Bring & Buy & they have proved to be great.

Easier to mount, :whatthe: and you can feel your way up them as you drop into each depression.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
I bought a set of Milenco's off Janine at the Bring & Buy & they have proved to be great.

Easier to mount, :whatthe: and you can feel your way up them as you drop into each depression.

Oh great! Does that mean I can do away with the valium then?

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Started off with the Fiamma levellers, not impressed at all, they started splitting after first week! bought the Milenco Triple jobbies at the Belvoir meet and well pleased, would have bought the quatro's but locker not big enough.

As said by previous poster you can feel your way up them and the drop into each depression.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Started off with the Fiamma levellers, not impressed at all, they started splitting after first week! bought the Milenco Triple jobbies at the Belvoir meet and well pleased, would have bought the quatro's but locker not big enough.

As said by previous poster you can feel your way up them and the drop into each depression.

Just compared the sizes and though the quatro's are huge at 78cm long I really need the height they offer as the triples are only 12cm which is about the same as my lousy fiamma's. I'll find room to stash them. They can always travel in the passenger seat :thumb:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi

We have been using a caravan since 1992 and we are now travelling with our camper some years.

We never use(d) levellers. I just put the caravan or camper on a spot and make sure that if there is a level problem it is minimized by the way i park and if some level difference is still at hand I make sure that when sleeping my head is higher than my feet :thumb::Eeek:

Paul and Ineke

degzy

Free Member
Feb 1, 2009
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Milenco quatro

Hi I have a pair of Milenco Quatro levelling blocks in a bag that I no longer need. If anyone is interested please send me a pm, no reasonable offer refused.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I think I've only stayed in 2 places so far this year where I didn't need to use mine. On one site in Kent I had one front wheel about 6" off ground the site was that sloping :Eeek:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I think I've only stayed in 2 places so far this year where I didn't need to use mine. On one site in Kent I had one front wheel about 6" off ground the site was that sloping :Eeek:
You should try the C&CC site at Cricceth, you can borrow massive ramps off the warden (£20 deposit) they have about a 10" lift, the ground slopes so much there and it still wasn't enough. This is on the field with hook-ups, the non-hook up field is better.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Must be something to do with C&CC sites then as I only have real problems on their sites :Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Must be something to do with C&CC sites then as I only have real problems on their sites :Sad:

History has played a part..

Formed in 1901, the C&CC were a club for camping, not caravanning .. originally called the Camping Club so flat and level sites were not required..

In 1907 the CC was started to cater for caravanners only ... so flat and level sites were more important ..

Link Removed

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Formed in 1901, the C&CC were a club for camping, not caravanning .. originally called the Camping Club so flat and level sites were not required.

Well I would've thought that flat sites were even more important to campers, I wouldn't want to camp on some of the slopes I've seen on their sites.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well I would've thought that flat sites were even more important to campers, I wouldn't want to camp on some of the slopes I've seen on their sites.

perhaps I should have said 'not essential' ..

I've camped on plenty of sites where by the end of the night you ended up out or the door ..just last summer I visited a private camp site in Scotland.. There were two fields, one flat the other like a ski ramp.. guess which was the campers field.. and guess who didn't stay ..

You don't find this sort of segregation and discrimination abroad.. camping is camping .. end of story.
Only in the UK would you find a club that excludes tents.. for no other reason than snobbery

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
You don't find this sort of segregation and discrimination abroad.. camping is camping .. end of story.
Only in the UK would you find a club that excludes tents.. for no other reason than snobbery

Stayed on plenty of Caravan Club sites that allow tents. Only 2 so far this year that didn't were Henley which is only a small site and one near Marazion which had no toilet block

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Stayed on plenty of Caravan Club sites that allow tents. Only 2 so far this year that didn't were Henley which is only a small site and one near Marazion which had no toilet block

There are three types of Caravan Club sites...

* Ones owned and managed by the club, these only permit small tents with the caravan/motorhome/ trailer tent.

* Affiliated sites and Management agreement sites .. club membership is not required and they have there own rules .. for a full explanation

Link Removed

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'd better get selling some of my unwanted stuff then. Cheapest I've see them is about £40 a pair :cry:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
levelers

Hi,
We bought the triple Milenco at Malvern £25 very good value.

Griffs

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
For years we used stacking blocks like Lego blocks with our Land Rovers------we still use them with the truck and de-mountable--------they are very easy to store because theyjust pull apart into small sections:thumb::thumb:--------but for the 5er with it's two axles we use 1'' thick boards long enough to fit two wheels on---but they travel easily in the truck ::bigsmile:
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back