Nature Pure Water Filter Advice... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Good morning everyone...

Over the recent weeks water has flowed more and more slowly through my recently fitted water filter indicating that it is nearing replacement time.

Two questions...

1) Can you really "back wash" the filter and make it last longer or is this one of the many "motorhome myths" that fly around our community?

2) Do I wait until the water stops flowing altogether before changing?

What have you experienced users done?

Thanks in advance...

JJ :Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Well JJ .. me being a tight arse I tried back-flushing but had limited effect.. it will help get you going if the flow has almost stopped...

I'm afraid it's 'get your wad out time' and order a new filter .. yes, I know it's painful.. :roflmto:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Not really advisable to back wash because you will just be putting the stuff you want to filter out onto the other side of the filter (unless your back wash water is pure). :Doh:
Plus the filters are designed to trap the material so it is impossible to clean them effectively, but you can increase life a little bit.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi JJ it`s not advisable to back flush these things they only have a short life span in house filters are changed every six months as they tend to pick up all sorts of bacteria and c**p that gets through the system.
The other thing is the water becomes tainted and starts to taste funny.I`m afraid you are going to have to get the wallet out.
As far as back flushing, you could be thinking of water softener not filter
Have fun:Cool::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
JJ, I checked this point with the manufacturers and they were a bit cagey with their answer, I asked them was the Silver nitrate in the filter, (silver nitrate kills the bugs) and they would not answer direct but the said that back flushing might improve the flow but it would not improve the filtering and they did not recommend it.

So you takes your pick and makes your choice.

Doug...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I`m afraid you are going to have to get the wallet out.

You disgusting perverted swine making such a suggestion to JJ. Last time he attempted that he ended up in intensive care on a drip.

And that was 40 years ago, he's not attempted it since.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You disgusting perverted swine making such a suggestion to JJ. Last time he attempted that he ended up in intensive care on a drip.

And that was 40 years ago, he's not attempted it since.

Quite right Brian... wallet indeed... how crude.. like some other quite well known people, I never have the need to carry such a common thing as cash... my people get invoices at the end of the month and they deal with them... :thumb:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi JJI guess you will have to get your people to sort out the invoice then! We have a water filter in the house and have to change it every 2 to 3 weeks! That is despite it saying that they last 6 months - our water comes from a spring well deep in the wilds of Waney but has very high iron content and clogs up very quickly.RegardsKath & Howie

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Good morning everyone...

Over the recent weeks water has flowed more and more slowly through my recently fitted water filter indicating that it is nearing replacement time.

Two questions...

1) Can you really "back wash" the filter and make it last longer or is this one of the many "motorhome myths" that fly around our community?

2) Do I wait until the water stops flowing altogether before changing?

What have you experienced users done?

Thanks in advance...

I havent tried it but if ya pull the end off and replace the stuff inside with the stuff from a new one that ya also pulled the end off..that shud work.....

Harry to the rescue again.....

come on people throw ya problems at me..im in the groove...im on fire...omg Im on fire....omg

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I have one, if you read the bumph it says it removes cysts and orgasms, I wouldn't risk having any of these around as they sound rather nasty, so better to replace it in my opinion :thumb:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
I have one, if you read the bumph it says it removes cysts and orgasms, I wouldn't risk having any of these around as they sound rather nasty, so better to replace it in my opinion :thumb:

eeeeuuuwwww that sounds so painfull....

re water filter...an ole sock filled with sand does the trick....

some of these problems are soo easy to solve and I enjoy being helpful...next prob please

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
You have only had it fitted for a few months JJ.

I am really surprised it needs replacing already. Have you been taking your source drinking water straight out of a muddy canal with oil deposits floating around in it?

Or have you been looking after your delicate skin by showering with filtered water?

stew

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You have only had it fitted for a few months JJ.

I am really surprised it needs replacing already. Have you been taking your source drinking water straight out of a muddy canal with oil deposits floating around in it?

Or have you been looking after your delicate skin by showering with filtered water?

stew

Pray tell me more of this thing "showering" you speak of... what is it Stew? :ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Pray tell me more of this thing "showering" you speak of... what is it Stew? :ROFLMAO:

very dark magic JJ, don't go there mate ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
maybe you should have got one of their dockside pre filters as well then that would take all the big bits out so the nature pure only has the smaller stuff to contend with and the cartridges are also cheaper to replace so should extend the life of the more expensive nature pure cartridges.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back