What's the cost to import RV? (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Right,

I know we have people on here who have imported an RV and others who have looked into it.

I'm looking to collate some info about these costs to put them in a spreadsheet to simplify the calculations.

As far as I know it goes something like this:

Cost of RV
Shipping costs
Duty
VAT
Cost of conversion to UK Elecs
Cost of UK registration

So, what have a I missed?
What figures can we use?

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
See here Bryan:winky:::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Thanks John,

I'll take a look and report back :roflmto:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I went to the U.S and bought a motorhome and drove it across the U.S. with no problems .All the Americans I dealt with were very helpful. I shipped it from Galveston with ELITE SHIPPING .ELITE SHIPPING left it in Zebrugge where it was vandalised and everthing that was not bolted down was stolen. The rear veiw camera was stolen and the screen ripped out of dashbord.It was left there for three weeks.When ELITE SHIPPING CALLED .And I went to collect it.The motorhome would not start ELITE SHIPPING did not inform me of this ELITE SHIPPING just demanded their money before they would tell me where it was.I could not get it started and had to have it low loaded away from the docks otherwise you incur storage costs. ELITE SHIPPING DID NOT REPLY TO MY E MAILS.The reason it would not start was because ELITE SHIPPING HAD BLOWN THE ENGINE UP.driving it on the ship be very careful who you ship with .Not ELITE SHIPPING.That was certainly a price I had not

That's why I had my Monaco shipped directly from Baltimore to Liverpool even though I bought it in Houston, heard too many stories of damage when transhipped between ships in Zebrugge or Rotterdam, pleasantly surprized at the set up in Liverpool too excellent security compared to here in Southampton.

Regards Pat

T

travelling man

Deleted User
Hindsight

Hindsight a wonderful thing I will know what to next time

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mine came into Southampton alright.

Did collect it asap though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

T

travelling man

Deleted User
so did I collected as soon as I was told it had arrived .The damage was done in Zebrugge people had been living in it there the cooker had been used tin food had gone.I must have just been unlucky

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back